🌹Chapter Twelve🌹

Start from the beginning

I mentally slap myself, I shouldn't have said that. I don't need to explain myself to him nor anyone. I stand up from the chair and attempt to walks out of the meeting room but he catches my wrist and forces me to stop. When I look at his eyes I see happiness and joy, something that many believe impossible in Alexander Knight.

I give him a annoyed look which he ignores. "Rose, we're working together now. Can't you just act the part? you did while you worked for me" He tells me but I only glare at him. "Yeah, thank you for reminding me of the betrayal" I say to him then I take my wrist out of his hand, even though I kind of liked it there.

I turn around and walk towards the door. "And it's Miss Ace to you" I tell him when I open the door and close it behind me when I walk out. I release a breath that I realize that I've been holding for some time and it has been burning my lungs for a while which hurt a bit.

"That was way shorter than I had expected. You two finish extremely fast" Lena says with a wink and I give her a disgusting look. "Eww, nothing happened" I tell her, trying to get rid of the horrible images out of her head before she will start to fantasize about them, and that is just gross.

She frowns and looks at me with annoyed look. "You never do anything fun with him" She mutters to herself but I did hear her and I'm pretty sure I did not want to hear that because it's disgusting and horrible. "And to let you know the paparazzi's here" Lena says.

"I feel so good that I'm not you because there are a lot of them outside which I'm pretty sure aren't leaving any time soon" She says and she gives me an apologetic look but I roll my eyes at her. "I can handle some question thirsty people, thank you very much" I say to her as I head for the elevator.

I want to get down there before Mr. Knight does and yes, I'm back to speaking his last name because now we are working together and that means we have to be professional, even if that did not go that very well the last time but this time it's different because I know that I can't fall for him.

But then again I don't been to fall for him because I've already fallen for him and nope I'm not going into that. I need to remain strong and have my feeling sin order. This day is going to take everything out of me and I don't want to seem weak in front of those people because they will destroy me.

The elevator door is almost closing but a hand stops it and the door opens once again and I'm not happy with the person that is standing there with a grin on their stupid handsome Greek god face that makes me just want to kiss him. Damn it, I'm still thinking like that, which I cannot do.

I lean against the metal elevator wall, far away from him. I can't get that much far away from him since we're in a elevator. "I know you used to love being in an elevator with me" He says and I roll my eyes at his smirk that makes any woman melt. Seriously, Rose? I can't just stop myself and it's annoyingly me greatly.

"In your dreams" I tell him but we both know that I do like being with him in an elevator. Well it's more uncomfortable, being with him always makes the elevators slow and I don't like that or maybe that it just him and his weight, he might not be fat but he is muscular and has a lot of muscles mass in his body.

He chuckles at me which make my feet feel like jelly. All right, am I someone who is still in high school. I feel like it and I don't like that. I am a grown woman and I should act like it. "My dreams are filled with you" He tells and I cringe. "You are disgusting" I tell him quickly but I do regret the words, and not because I said it to him but because I am speaking to him.

I don't like him, in fact, I hate him. I hate him so much I love him and right now I need to stop my brain to think like this. "You know, you do need me" He reminds me, I'm sure he just wants me to remember that he can now make my life horrible and more miserable, at least more than it was now that we will be working together.

Working with the devil in the flesh isn't something that I do enjoy, well I did enjoy it before but that was before and this is now. Now I'm not the naive little girl that I sued to be, I am a woman that is strong and I don't let anyone play me, nor or ever, especially not Alexander Knight.

"If I had needed you, Mr. Knight, I would have picked up my phone and called you for your help and believe me I would be begging but I don't need you and I certainly wouldn't call you if I needed help" I tell him, I'm slowly feeling like my anger is trying to take over me.

He goes over to me. "But you did call me and said and I quote "I'm in". I'm sure you remember that, or maybe not but I have it recorded so I can always mock you about the time you begged me for help" He says as if he had won the lottery. My face falls and I know he's right and he knows it too but only half of that is right.

"If I remember correctly and I do, you came to me and begged to help me with my problem. Or do you not remember the fact you came into my office because there are security cameras outside of my office" I tell him and his face falls, which makes me feel amazing. He had forgotten about that.

It makes me feel better that he thought he was wining this argument if you can even call it that. This is only a discussion to tell me that I'm right. I'm always right and he will always be wrong. That is just the way things are and will be and I do look forward being always right in the future of our companies.

"I would prepare yourself for the question if we are getting married" He tells me and my jaw drops opens and is on the floor, my eyes are open wide and have nearly fallen out of my sockets. "WHAT?!?!" I ask loudly that I think the elevator just shook or it felt that way because I'm panicking right about now.

"Yes, people will assume given our pasts that we have been secretly dating and now that we're joined our businesses they will think we're getting married and that is a trip I'm not complaining to go to. Which reminds me, why are you not wearing my ring, I gave it to you to show the world that you are and always will be mine" He says and I can feel a hint of anger in his voice while he spoke those words and they do send shivers down my spine.