4. omega mole

Kong makes his way inside the media house, head lowered, lost in his own world. He goes to the elevator which takes him to his own floor. As he makes way to his cubicle, still lost in his dark thoughts,he feels like everyone is watching him.. he now looks up to see, yes he is right! Everybody is openly staring at him. And none of them look friendly but all with suspicions and some even with openly hostility..

Nat and John both have suffered critical gunshot injury in the raid gone wrong and still recuperating at hospital, where as he as an omega had only suffered post trauma stress, admitted to hospital for a day, and now back to the work after five day rest as advised..

He lowers his head again and goes through his office mails . He discovers more than fifty documents sent to him for only spell checks and many more for other editing and formating. His colleagues, it seems, have been working overtime to pile him with as much work and trouble as possible. Kong starts to go through the documents one by one.. there is no point in grumbling or complaining anyways..

But a sudden sharp voice, after around half an hour breaks his concentration.

" So you are the omega who had been the talk of the whole police department for the whole week and hot cake that night.."

He looks up only to get a full blast of cigeratte smoke on his face.. Kong starts coughing as the middle aged bearded man starts laughing..

" Oh poor thing, look at you coughing because of a little smoke..what delicate darling."

His other office colleagues who are eves dropping openly, snickers except Bright who stoically keeps on writing his memo.. Bright knows this man visiting Kong very well and he doesn't want his fear to come true, seeing him openly humiliating the omega for no fault of his.

" You will help us omega.. you are attractive , and you can act..and now you will be our eyes for something very interesting,.and in return you will get the scoop and may even get accepted in the coveted"Alpha Times".

The man states firmly but almost whispering, so that no one other than Kong now hears him.. giving a stern look to his prying colleagues who promptly go back to their respective work..they definitely know this bearded appalling man well, he is not an alpha to mess with..

" Sir, who are you? what are you talking about?"

'Alpha times' is the best newspaper,and is a prized work for any journalist, and Kong absolutely knows they don't entertain omegas. The current media house he is working  is big but alpha times is another league all together.. it's bigger than the biggest, its name internationally reknowned.

"Ohh.. my bad ..it's senior detective Joshua for you. Let's get this conversation in a more Private setting, and the pretty you to your editor in chief's room, he will be the only one in the know..now come on, chop chop..hurry I don't have all the time in the world for you... "

Kongpob follows the man silently as detective Joshua heads for the cabin of the vile old man. All eyes again following him, whispers loud.. snickering louder. He wishes someone can just drown the malicious words and chattering surrounding him , but Kong keeps a stoic face as he makes his way through them..he is all alone, it's better he understands that sooner than later..

Bright gives him a half smile and a thumbs up as Kong enters the lift with the alpha detective, reeking of smoke and alcohol, in mismatched and crumpled clothes..
They go straight up to the top floor of the editor in chief's office.. this time the secretary is not there today guide them in, as the boss himself stands outside.. waiting for them .

" Detective Joshua pls come in, the omega has agreed right." Kong flinches at the finger pointing at him while voice is nonchalant like talking about some weather..