#Chapter 19: And somehow, I deserved all of these.

Start from the beginning

“Go ahead and choose what you want to eat. You don’t have to pay. It’s free for all of the people living here.” She said smiling.

I nodded. Without hesitation, my foot as if has its mind of its own, took me to the pizza stall. I queued for a while and within the next 10 minutes; I got my mushroom pepperoni pizza. Yummy! I looked around the table, trying to find Adriana but couldn’t. I sighed and went to sit at an empty table.

“Hey Jennifer! Mind if we join you?” the twins asked.

I shook my head and made a motioned for them to take a seat. I took the pizza and smell the delicious aroma before taking a rather big bite. I moaned slightly as the taste tick all the right box. So damn good! The twins shared a knowing look and chuckled, obviously amused by my response to the pizza.

“You sure have a great taste!” Katerina exclaimed, nodding.

“The pizza here is definitely a die for!” Clara exclaimed, nodding too.

I gave them a small smile and nod in agreement. I savored the taste of the pizza slowly but it didn’t last long because as soon as I know, I’ve finish the whole slice of pizza, licking my finger.

Katerina and Clara brought me later on to meet their group of friends. The people here in the home seemed to be really friendly. Well accept Belle. Soon they had to start their class, which mine will start next week, I excused myself and bid them goodbye.

As soon as I reached my room, I took out my hand phone and gave a short message to both Drew and Lisa.

Drew& Lisa: Sorry guys, I’m sure you guys will know by now that mum had passed away and left me alone. So here I am, in the orphanage home. Don’t worry about me. I will do great; just needed some time to adjust. We will meet up soon. Oh guys do me a favour and don’t tell anyone else about this. I prefer to start a new life here. (Won’t forget you guys of course! We will still keep in touch and all. I give you my word. Scout honour.)

I felt my eyes brimming with tears but I bit my lip, holding my tears in. I don’t have to wait a while when my phone ring, showing Lisa calling.

“Oh dear! Jen, are okay babe? Just tell me where you are and I will meet you! You can’t just leave me like this! We’re sisters remember?” she said soothingly.

My phone ring again showing me an incoming call from Drew.

“Wait a moment Lisa. Drew’s calling me. Let me put him through the line.” I said before pressing the green button.

“Are you okay Jenny? Tell me where you are… Please… I can’t let you go through all of this alone. As your brother, I will be there for you…” Drew said gently.

My heart felt like it soared as high as I could imagine. I’m lucky to have such good friends. I couldn’t help but to sob a little before chuckling.

“Gosh… guys relax will ya? I can manage by myself. Just give me time. When everything is good and I’m ready to face reality, I will meet both of you okay? Just make sure that nobody knows about this. I will be schooling here but I’m sure you both could visit me any time you want okay? I really love you both.” I said before feeling myself, about to break any moment.

I heard them muttered a reluctant alright. I know they want to make sure that I’m alright and all but I needed time. This whole situation had been hard on me. I mentioned to keep this a ‘secret’ because I don’t want people’s pity and definitely don’t want anyone, Blake and gang to know.

“Sorry, Lisa, Drew, I have to go. Will call and update you both later on. Bye and I love you both so much!” I said in attempt of a slightly cheerier voice.