Show us your power

I sat in bed thinking about what had happened the previous night. Myotismon had Gatomon and was going to use her to find Kari. And with that evil look in his eyes as he stared at me, with hunger.

Kari was in real trouble and I knew that we had to protect her. But that wasn't the only problem I had. With the digimon invading the city, I would have to fight, and my parents would be worried if I went to go fight these monsters.

"Raya, are you okay?" Luna asked. I looked down at her as she stared up at me with worried eyes. She's been looking at me like a lot lately.

"I was thinking about the situation right now." I said, "I'll be fighting with the others against Myotismon and you now how my parents are always worried about me."

"What are you going to do?" Luna asked.

I sighed, getting up from bed and walking to my dresser, where a framed picture stood. It was a picutre of me and my parents when I was younger, before my accident. We were all so happy, no secrets between us.

"I'll have to tell them everything. About you and the Digital world. Are you ready to finally meet my parents formally?"

Luna smiled and nodded, "Of course! I've always wanted to tell them how great they are to have raised the greatest human partner I couldve asked for." I laughed at her enthusiasm, walking back to my bed and picked her up, holding her close.

"Thank you, Luna. You're the best." Suddenly, I heard the front door click open.

"Raya, we're home!" I heard my parents shout from the front door. I turned to my bedroom door, took a deep breath and walked out to see my parents putting their jackets on the hooks in the living room.

"I'm so sorry we're late, Raya." Mom apologized, "The fog around the city is making everything go nuts."

"Yeah, trains are down, roads are closed. I'm amazed that we got home at all tonight." Dad added as he sat on the couch.

Mom went into the kitchen and to the stove, seeing the slightly warm pot on one of the burners.

She took the top off and saw the pot almost full of her favorite soup.

"Raya, did you cook tonight?" She asked turning towards me.

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, you were coming home late so I went a head and cooked dinner."

"Oh, honey, you didn't have to do that." Dad said, getting up and walking to the cupboards to grab two bowls for him and mom.

I looked down at Luna as they served themselves. Luna nodded with a smile, silently telling me to go ahead and tell them about her.

I took a deep breath and stood across the kitchen table and looked at my parents with confidence in my eyes.

"Mom, Dad, can I talk to you for a little bit in the living room?" I asked. They looked up at me with confusion on their faces.

"Is something wrong, Raya?" Mom asked.

"No, nothing's wrong per say. I just need to explain something."

"What's there to explain, dear?" Dad asked, "Is something wrong with your leg? Do we need to-"

"No, no, my leg is just fine. It's just... I know what's causing the monsters to attack. I also know where they come from."

My parents looked at each other, even more confusion in their eyes before they looked back at me and stood up, then walked with me to the living room and sat down on the couch across from me.

"Okay..." I said, "Before I tell you everything, I need to introduce someone." I looked down at Luna and nodded to her. As soon as Luna blinked, my parents almost screamed.