S E V E N T Y - E I G H T

Start from the beginning

Rebekah's heart broke at the sound, "Talk to me Mia." She said quietly worried that her best friends would do something.

"I can't do this!" She cried, finally letting it all out. "I miss you Rebekah. I miss Kol, and Elijah. I miss Nik and I miss Hayley." She said trying to blink away her tears.

"I want us to be a family again." She whispered, "I want my kids to meet you guys and do whatever normal families do! I want to go back to Mystic Falls and run the school knowing that After a long day, I'll be able to go home and see the love of my life. I want my best friend to tease me and taunt me about the smallest things." Mia rambled on and on of the things she wanted but knew she couldn't have.

She spoke freely and without any fear of being judged by Rebekah because it was exactly what she wanted.

The two spoke without filter and cried for hours together, not knowing that the kids were listening and plotting something that would put them all at risk.

A couple of hours went by before Klaus was at the door with his stuff, ready to leave. Mia looked at Klaus with sad eyes, "I'll miss you." She whispered making Klaus' heart break.

"You and I are unbreakable, my love." He whispered brushing the hair out of her face gently. "You know that I'll always be with you." He said as he placed a kiss on her lips.

Mia nodded and bit her lip as the twins came running down the stairs with tears in their eyes, "No." Bella's voice cracked. "You can't leave you just got here! It's almost Christmas and, and-" Bella shook her head as her vision was blurred with tears.

Carter stayed silent, anger radiating through him. Klaus saw this and opened his mouth to say something but stopped.

"Mom tell him to stay. He'll listen to you! Like in your journals when you guys went to that one party in the- mom please!" Bella begged turning to Mia who looked away.

Bella's face hardened, "You're not going to help? You're going to let him leave us again?!" She asked furious.

"Bella you have to understand that he is carrying something dangerous in him that could put Hope, and you guys in danger!" Mia tried to explain while Carter scoffed.

"Just stop Bella. We knew he was going to have to leave at some point." He mumbled angry and turned around. Carter began to walk away but Klaus being himself went after him and reached for his shoulder.

As he made contact with him Carter turned around and unintentionally blasted him with an invisible force sending him straight into a wall.

Mia pushed Bella behind her as this happened and whispered a spell shielding them from the blast and other elements that could have hurt Bella.

Carter's breathing slowed down once he had looked around and saw the mess he created. Bella peaked around Mia and saw her father covered in cuts and bruises that were no doubt going to heal.

The courtyard floor was covered in glass and dirt from the broken plant bases that once adorned the place.

"Carter..." Mia said slowly approaching him with caution.
In the mist Of chaos, Mia's phone began to ring. Bella reached down to get it and saw it was from an unknown number.

Bella answered it, "Mikaelson Horror House." She said sarcastically as she looked around at the mess her twin had made.

Mia saw Bella's eyes widen as she handed her the phone, "It's uncle Elijah." She whispered making Klaus speed over to them and snatch the phone away.

"What do you want?" He asked angry that he would dare call.

While Klaus spoke to Elijah Mia went over to Carter who had a look of regret on his face. "Hey Love." Mia whispered lifting his chin up with her finger.