S I X T Y - T W O

love me

love me

_

"Let me get this straight," Mia started as she turned on the blinker to make a left turn.

"Your crazy ex girlfriend Katherine, the tramp who tired to get with Nik, is back and is trying to kill you all?" Mia asked as she drove the car to the location Klaus had given her.

"Yup! Just a typical day in the Salvatore home." Damon said over the phone.

"Well, it was nice catching up Damon. I'm sorry we couldn't visit, your friend Alaric made it clear that we weren't welcomed. Of course I don't take orders from a human but, I can't leave my family." Mia said trying to mask her sad mood with some cheeriness.

Elijah rolled his eyes at their friendly exchanged before reaching over to grab the phone. "Forvever and always or whatever." Damon mocked.

Elijah sighed, "That is not how it goes."

"Ah, the nobel Mikaelson. How wonderful." Damon said sarcastically.

"It's a pleasure, as always. Goodbye now, Mia is driving."

"Toddles." Damon said before Elijah hung up the phone.

"Eyes on the road Mia, I would hate for you to ruin my car."

Halfway through the drive Klaus called Elijah which led to her compelling herself a car to get back to New Orleans.

"Why couldn't the ancestors need me when I was already there!" Mia said as Elijah oepened the door for her to get out.

"To spite you." Elijah replied as she got in the new car. "Okay, I'll see you back home. Be careful Mia." Elijah said kissing her forehead.

"Bye El. Please get those bones." Mia said quietly as she pulled away.

They all knew that at some point Mia would have to use her powers if their plan went sideways. The magic would consume her and it would be the end of Mia, at least that was their theory.

"I will." He whispered, convincing himself that he would. He didn't promise he would because he knew it was a promise he couldn't keep and that made Mia nervous.

Once they had bid goodbye Mia drove non stop to New Orleans with the thought of dying at the back of her head.

It was a feeling in the pit of her stomach, almost like a calling and she wasn't sure if it was her nervousness or he Hollow trying to latch itself onto her again.

When she arrived at St. Anne's church she loked around the empty rom suspiciously. "Hayley?" she called out before heading towards the alter.

"Nik?"

a gust of wind sent shivers down her spine as she looked behind her and saw Davina standing there. "Oh hello? you're back from the dead I see." Mia said insenstivily.