S I X T Y - F O U R

Reunion

Reunion

__

Klaus sat down on one of the couches with a straight face. Something wasn't right with him.

He looked down at his hands and realized how clean they were, he was bothered by the fact that he didn't have them covered in blood.

He wanted to be a better father, someone worthy of his children's affection but his habits were beginning to resurface again.

"Mia!" He called out, he was tired of her mood swings.

Mia stopped drinking from her blood bag and looked up, "If you don't leave me alone I will hurl something at your head." Mia yelled back and went back to what she was doing.

"Enough!" He said and barged into the room.

Mia rolled her eyes, "Get out Niklaus. I had this room made for the soul purpose of keeping you out!"

"I understand that you're upset-" Klaus started.

"Upset?! I'm furious Klaus! You were going to kill yourself and not tell me about it!" Mia yelled and in the process shattering every glass in the room because of her magic.

"I told you I'm sorry! I filled the compound with all of your favorite sweets, and foods! I have tried very hard to get you to even look at me-"

Mia's eyes glowed, she grabbed the nearest thing next to her and shoved it into his stomach. Klaus was both taken back by surprise and furious with her actions.

He groaned in pain as he took out the piece of wood. Mia gasped quietly as she looked around at the mess she had made and the blood that coated her small hands.

"Niklaus..." Mia whispered and made her way over to him to apologize but he moved away.

"Freya needs me. She thinks she's close to finding Elijah." He said and gently pushed her out of his way.

Mia took down at her hands again felt guilty of what she had done. She quickly grabbed something to cover her hands and began to clean up the pieces of glass on the floor while trying her best to not cry.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

Klaus changed his shirt and looked over to the bed that was un slept in for days. Mia had chosen to sleep in a guest room and he refused to sleep in it without her.
Maybe they needed some time apart, he thought but quickly scolded himself.