F O R T Y

Room Full of Elijahs

MIA, Klaus and Elijah sat around a fire with their glasses filled with the strongest substances known to man. "I'm tired." Mia blurted out staring at the flames.

"I'm tired of constantly being targeted, of our family being targeted." She continued before drinking. "I think we should just kill everyone except for the kids and dogs."

Klaus stared at her, "Maybe-"

"You're not seriously considering killing more than half of the human population because you're tired?" Elijah interrupted  not liking where this conversation was going.

Mia sighed, "I tried." She mumbled giving Klaus a small smile before looking back at the flames. "The Strix are back." Elijah announced pouring himself more alcohol.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "Ah yes, the pathetic vampires of high society you and Mia made." He mumbled. Mia kicked him, "It seemed like a good idea during the time!" She defense setting her drink aside and grabbing some herbs to calm the voices in her head.

"I think it's time we call it. Ugh, I'm in dire need of some cuddles." Mia said extinguishing the flames before turning to Klaus holding her hand out.

"Cuddle me?" She asked with a innocent smile making Klaus smile.

"Of course."

Elijah gaged, "I'll be going to be room now." He said quickly walking up the stairs. Mia and Klaus laid in the bed wrapped in each other's arms as they stared up at the ceiling both feeling a mix of sadness and love.

Mia sighed as she played with the buttons on his shirt, "What are we going to do?" Mia asked quietly has she looked at him.

"I don't know. For once you and I are completely in the dark over a situation. I just know, that together as a family we will defeat whatever is to come." He answered kissing her forehead before propping himself up with his elbows and getting up to straddle her waist.

"Nik..."

"I just want to tell you how sorry I am. I can't loose you, Mia." He whispered leaning forward to met his lips with hers.

"No more secrets." Mia whispered making him nod.

"No more."

_

Elijah watched as his younger brother Klaus stomped into the compound, "What's the matter brother?" Elijah asked with a smirk already knowing what was wrong.

"Mind your business." He mumbled making his way to the bar.

"You and Mia can't go an hour without each other. Correction, you can't go an hour without seeing her. It seems her absence has put you in a foul mood." Elijah said teasing him.