Chapter 38: Alone

Hermione's P.O.V
________________________________

"Oh dang, look at this!" Aria squealed, pointing to this adorable baby onesie. It was all black, with time white stars dotted all around it. Right in the middle, the words 'Daddy's star' were also written in white. I smiled, picking it up and putting it into basket.

Aria and I had been shopping for a while and our basket was full with new baby cloths. Since we didn't know the gender, we bought neutral clothes which are surprisingly not hard to find.

"Draco would love it" I said and tears welled up in my eyes regarding our previous conversation.

I know he didn't mean what he said, he is the kind of person who blows up with words when he's really angry or upset. But it still hurt. What if I'm not a good mother? What if my I can't give my child the life they deserve? I sighed, twirling the promise ring he gave me in my finger, smiling at the memory.

*Flashback*

We lay there under the geodes, the place of our first date where he asked me to be his girlfriend. I stared up at the beautiful rocks that dazzled above me, my head on Draco's chest as we lay there together.

"Do you have any names in mind?" He asked and I smiled.

"Yeah, some, what about you?" I asked and he grinned, his eyes twinkling.

"Not yet. What are yours?"

"I don't have any. I was hoping you had something that I could pretend to already thought of" I said and he laughed.

Suddenly, he lowered my head onto the soft floor and flipped us he was on top of me, his elbows next to my head, supporting his weight. He leaned down and pecked my nose. I smiled softly and kissed him.

"Hey you know, I was thinking, about what you said, you know, if something happened between us like you said-" he whispered and I shook my head.

"Draco we've been over this, I know your'e not going to leave, we have a baby" I said and he grinned, nodding.

"I know, and I wouldn't leave even if we didn't have the baby. But still, I was thinking, if something happens, you should have something special from me" he whispered, his hot breath on my ear.

"I'll have your child you idiot"

"Other than her" he said and I gave him a pointed look. "Or him" he grinned.

"Maybe this?" He said, kissing my neck. I grinned at him.

"A hickey? R-" my words were cut off as I felt something cool slide onto my finger.

I gasped, lifting my finger to look at it. It was a ring. A beautiful, dazzling ring. It was a sparkling band with a hollow circle on top of it. The circle was slightly higher than the middle, but not completely off. The circle was raised slightly. It was covered in diamonds. It was too expensive. It was too beautiful.

"Draco-"

He silenced with a soul shattering kiss. It wasn't like put usual make out session ones. It was soft, gentle and tender. I swooned.

"It's not an engagement ring, relax I'm not proposing" he chuckled, but I swear I heard him say 'not yet' under his breath.

"It's a promise ring, you know, so you have something to remember me by if something happens to me" he whispered and I pulled his head down for a kiss, the same way he kissed me. He grinned.

"You are the sweetest person I have ever met" I said and he laughed.

"I love you" He reached down and kissed me.

"Love you too, sweetheart"

*Flashback over*

"Hey I'm going to head to the bathroom, you coming?" Aria asked.

"Two minutes, I'll pay and join ya" i said.

"Join me? Inside the bathroom?" She said and I laughed, slapping her arm.

"Pervert" I muttered and she laughed, flipping me off before heading to the bathroom.

"Lights out baby doll" someone said.

Then there was only darkness.

***

I opened my eyes in a small room. On a small bed. With a tray of food beside me.

"Hello???" I called. Silence. I panicked.

"Ahh, so you're awake?" A cold voice asked and is shuddered softly.

"What do you want?"

"Your precious boyfriend has something of mine. Something I need" the same voice said and I shivered.

"Ok then why do you need me?"

"As bait. He will bring it to me once he realises you are in my custody. You and your baby"

My baby. Our baby. He knows.

"Oh what do you know, I just got a message. From your lover. Says he will do anything to get you back. What do you say is should do?" The voice asked and I whimpered.

"You know what, you're a beautiful lady. Maybe a night with you just might get him his child" a man walked out of the shadows, the same man from the appointment.

"No you can't do this, I have a baby!" I pleaded but he smirked.

"Well you'll be delighted to know that it is perfectly safe" he said and I screamed.

"I'll let you go for the moment, but I'll be back soon. Very, very soon" he chuckled.

I eyed the food warily. Was it poisoned? I took potions, I should know this. Yeah, I should know this. I picked up the bread and checked for toxins. All clear. I began eating it, savouring the taste of food.

I wondered how long it had been. What happened to Aria? We're they worried about me? Where was Draco? Is he ok? What is it that this retard needs anyway?

The man came back a while later. He walked up to me and held down my tied wrists as he sniffed my neck, sighing as I squirmed. He dipped into my neck and licked the spot where Draco had left his mark. He began ferociously biting all over my skin. I began screaming.

This couldn't be happening. Not again. Not again. Please, not again! He roughly pushed his lips to mine and I screeched.

He stared at me hungrily, beginning the night of my worst nightmares.