Chapter 13: Eyes

Hermione

I woke up to feel warmth all around me. Strong arms were wrapped around my waist and I unconsciously snuggled into them. I opened my eyes to see gorgeous ones looking back at me. His face dusted pink after getting caught.

Draco!

I pushed myself off him and looked at him. He was watching me sleeping. Creep.

"I-I u-uh umm" he stuttered, trying to come up with an excuse. I've never seen him flustered.

"Why were you staring?" I asked suspiciously, looking down at where we had been sleeping next to each other.

Then I remembered what happened a week ago and my body froze. The memories flashed in my head and I felt myself shaking. He looked at me and noticed my condition.

"Hermione" he whispered softly and I shuddered, remembering how he said my name before.

He noticed this too and tried to take my hand. I pulled back and shook my head slightly.

His emerald eyes were swirling with regret and I could see a battle inside his head. He glanced at my hand I realised he was trying to comfort me, but I didn't want him to.

I silently went to take a shower and when I came back, he was sitting there, fully ready and waiting. He looked up as I walked out.

He took three quick strides toward me and crouched on his both of his knees, making me look down at him.

"Hermione I'm sorry, really really am. I would never do that to a girl, without her permission. I'm not like that. Forgive me, please." he said desperately and I shook my head.

"I can't" I croaked out.

His eyes were filled with desperation and regret. He looked so worn down and torn.

In my heart somewhere, I wanted to forgive him, but the same part of me keeps reminding me of what he was about to do and I couldn't, because I knew there was a part of him that was capable of doing that.

"Somewhere inside you, deep and hidden, or in my face, somewhere, there is a monster capable of doing that. I can't swallow down that fear knowing you can do something like that. I can't be near you, knowing that if you get wasted or accidentally have something, you can do that. I'm sorry" I whispered and it looked like he had moisture in his eyes, but I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or he is actually going to cry.

He stood up, being only a few centimetres taller than me. He lifted my chin up to meet his eyes and rest his forehead against mine.

"Is there any chance, anything at all, for you to forgive me?" he said quietly, his voice breaking.

"I-I don't k-know" I said truthfully and he moved from my touch.

"Anything at all?" He pleaded.

"Draco please. It's going to take a while for me to accept and move on, ok?" I said sadly.

His eyes gleamed with hope and he gently pulled me toward him, putting his forehead back against mine.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." he whispered assuringly.

I looked up at him and nodded. His eyes brightened and he smiled sadly, kissing my forehead before walking away.

***
Over the next month, I avoided Draco. He constantly did nice things to me like buy me something anytime he went with his mates. He would get me anything he thought I liked.

Every night, he would sleep on the couch, despite my protests, because he thought he made me feel uncomfortable.

Every night, I would go to bed to see a rose laying on my pillow. A beautiful, delicate rose that I would place in a vase on the vanity.

Every night, after Draco thought I was asleep, he would come to lay beside me for a few minutes before shaking his head and going back to the couch.

Lately he's been really kind, not bringing anyone to the dorm to be with, not being rude and doing as much as he could to help out.

***
I slipped the dress on. It had a beautifully designed bronze top with a light light light extremely light blue flowing bottom.

My parents had to pick me up for my cousins wedding

My parents had to pick me up for my cousins wedding. I was so excited. It was my first time coming to a wedding in three years.

I admired myself in the mirror for about ten minutes before drying my hair, curling the edges, putting it up in a elegant donut bun with loose tendrils framing my face.

I did a soft smokey eye with eyeliner and mascara, pretty simple.

I exited the bathroom and bumped into a hard chest. I looked up and saw Draco staring at me with and unreadable expression, his mouth opening and closing several times.

We were close, so close I could feel his breath on my lips. He looked into my eyes and smiled.
He leaned down toward my ear, snaking his arms across my waist, making my legs weak.

"You look beautiful" he whispered. I felt tingles up my spine. Fingers down my spine. No! Now is not the time.

I looked back up at him in shock. He grinned, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He leaned down slowly, grazing a finger along my cheekbone. I shouldn't be agreeing to this.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I felt his warm breath on my lips again. Was he going to kiss me?

"Hermione, the Grangers are here" Professor McGonagols voice boomed from behind the door. We jerked apart, looking elsewhere as she repeated what she said.

I grabbed my bag and headed toward the door. Just as I gripped the doorknob, I felt his arms circle around my waist. He leaned into the crook of my neck and rest his head against mine from behind me. Safe to say it was the most adorable thing I have ever felt.

"Am I forgiven yet?" He whispered hopefully into my ear, wrapping his arms tighter and gently rocking back and forth.

His proximity was making me dizzy.

"Yes, you are" I said truthfully. He proved to me that he really was sorry and I didn't want to let one drunk mistake change my view of him.

His smile warmed my face and he pulled away to kiss my cheek.

"Thank you" he said softly.

I nodded, smiling. He pulled away and I opened the door, walking out.

But not before turning to see his ear splitting grin that warmed my heart.
________________________________

Dude I felt so happy writing this scene. Any criticism you want to share would be helpful to write.

Adios.