Chapter 22; Talk

Harry's P.O.V
________________________________

I poked my food with my fork and stared at it boredly. I was not hungry and in no mood for food or anything really.

It's been 2 months since Ginny and I's fight. She's been ignoring me 24/7 and it's making me go crazy. I miss her. So bad.

Her words slapped me in the face and i finally realized what the hell I was doing. I never knew how badly it hurt her, but I was willing to make it right. For her. So for the past month, I haven't slept, kissed or even touched anyone. Not a single girl was given a glance from me.

I thought she hadn't noticed in the first few days, but once Pansy came and tried to kiss me.

"Hey Harry" she said seductively.

"Hello" I replied in a bored tone.

"Do you wanna skip with me?" she asked, running a finger down my chest. I gently pushed her away and say Ginny's face light up from the corner of my eye.

"Come on Harry, you've changed, but I can change you back. Why aren't you looking at me anymore?" she asked, irritated.

"I can't" I said, pushing her away again.

"Why?" she whined and I flinched.

"I...I'm in love with someone, and I can't do this" I replied and she became angry.

"Who? She probably isn't as good as me" she said cockily and now I was becoming mad.

"How dare you! She is perfect. She is kind and sweet and gentle. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and I love her. A lot. So don't you dare even think of saying that" I warned furiously and she backed away.

I turned to Ginny and passed her a small smile, and she smiled back, in shock. She looked confused. I smiled again.

I remember her smile and the way her eyes flashed with an unknown emotion before she walked away. Now, that I'm thinking back at it, I still can't make out what it was.

The door to the hall opened and I felt anger coarse through me as Draco walked in. But he didn't make me angry. It was the fact that he was staring at my best friend like she was a fucking pancake. I stood up as they approached the table to yell at him but my words caught in my throat as I looked at Hermione's face.

It was severely damaged. There were cuts all over and bruises on her left eye and on her cheeks. Her nose was bandaged and her eyes were bloodshot. Her hands were full of scars and there was open wounds in some areas.

Everyone fell quiet. No one said a word. I got up and wrapped my arms around her and she leaned into my shoulder. I rested my chin on her head and she let out a small noise. Startled, i pulled away and realised she was sobbing. I pulled her back and she cried into my chest.

I hesitatingly took her hand, trying not to hurt her and picked up my full plate of food. I pulled her along with me, going to take her somewhere I could talk to her. I heard a low growl and turned to see Draco glaring at where our arms were entwined.

I stared at him, confused. He continued glaring and I just got even more confused. He no longer hated Hermione and I, at least I think, so what was he growling for?

Ignoring him, I continued walking with her all the way to the lake. I sat down and she copied me as I handed her a plate of food.

"Thank you" she mumbled and I smiled.

"What-" I started but she cut me off.

"Don't" she said I nodded. We talked for an hour or two, and I was sure we missed a few classes. I told her about Ginny. When she finally calmed down, I tried again.

"What happened?" I asked softly and she gulped. I gently turned her head to mine and glared at her scars for some dumb reason.

"I-I Crabbe h-he" she said, letting a few stray tears run down her face. She took in a deep breath and told me all of it. After she was done. I breathed sharply trying to calm the ferocious beast inside me that as about to kill Crabbe.

"I will kill him if it's the last thing I do" I spat.

"I think that's my job" a deep voice said from behind me and I jumped a little, only to see a jealous looking Draco looking between us. If was only then I realised the position Hermione and I were in. Her head was on my lap as she lay down and our feet we're tangled.

I looked at him weirdly and he sighed. Why did he even care in the first place.

"Why do you care?" I asked curiously and he glanced at Hermione. He likes her. I got up and brushed myself off. I wanted to scream at him to get away from her, but instead I found myself understanding. I was in a bad place too once. I didn't give a shit. I fell in love with someone and still hurt them. But I got a second chance. Kinda, Not really but still. He should too. He was looking at Hermione like she was the best thing that ever happened to him. She deserves someone who looks at her like that.

Hermione mumbled something and my ears perked up curiously.

"Isaidheismyboyfriend" she said and I didn't make out what she said.

"What?" I asked again in pure amusement and Draco responded.

"We're dating" Draco said confidently and my mouth dropped open in shock. She was dating him? Had she forgiven him? For almost r**ping her? What about the past? Wait, I remembered saying like three seconds ago that everyone deserves a second chance.

She looked up at him gratefully and he smiled down at her. I sighed as I saw this and smiled.

"Congratulations. You got a keeper bro. But if you hurt her in any way I will see to it that poison is added to your food" I warned in a low voice and now their mouths dropped open.

"You're allowing this?" she asked, disbelief clear in her voice.

"I'm sorry, my bad" I said and cleared my throat, turning to Mione. "I hate you for doing this. I will never ever forgive you" I chuckled sarcastically and Draco laughed. Wow. Hermione really did change him.

I watched in awe as Draco sat down next to Hermione and she leaned into him, resting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. I awed so hard I almost said it. Ok what the hell Draco has become a completely different person.

"You're such a dork" she said, glancing at me.

I blew a kiss in her direction and went to try find the love of my life.