Chapter 26: She

Draco's P.O.V
________________________________

I slammed my fist against the wall, loving the feeling of pain shooting down my arm. I deserve it.

I lost the woman I love to a girl who I barely know. All for some stupid jealousy.

All I could think of was watching Harry on the hall with some girl and kissing the life out of her. I remember her hair, which looked like brown to me, being covered by the hoodie of the Gryffindor cape. I kept thinking of how Hermione left to go to the library and how she was kissing Harry. Well, I thought it was her.

I was broken. I truly loved her, and here she was, kissing someone else only a week into our relationship. She couldn't handle me for a week! A week! I felt ashamed to even think that someone like me could ever be loved. I was destined to be alone. It was my fate.

I just kept having the feeling of revenge, wanting to me give Hermione the same pain she gave me when I thought I saw her kissing Harry. I wanted to make her feel as unwanted as I felt, as much pain, heartache, suffering and insecurities that wounded me.

So I made a stupid decision in a rash moment, letting blind rage corrupt my thoughts. I knew that Ginny was best friends with Hermione, so I made a plan, a plan that made me lose my love. I planned it perfectly, waiting for Hermione to walk in on us with Harry.

It was only when she did walk in and I looked at her hair, Ginnys hair and her robe that I realised what I had done. The mistake that I had made. I wanted to apologise, but what would I even say? Hey, sorry for cheating on you, I just wanted to see you hurt because I confused you for someone else.

But it haunts me, the look in her eyes when she saw us, the tears that she shed. That look, the one that been causing me to shake in my dreams for weeks now, that broken look. The look of pain, confusion and heartbreak.

It's been 6 weeks since I last talked to her, 42 painful days. My heart is slowly building up those walls she spent so long taking down. I've become more guarded, I know that. Ever since I saw her with Harry about a week ago.

*Flashback*

I sighed as I kept thinking of what I had done days before. I can't believe I made that mistake. I feel like shit, losing the only person that could change me.

I was roaming through the halls, just doing my duties when I thought I heard a giggle. Confused, I turned a corner to see Harry and...Hermione? He was straddling her front as he tickled her and her beautiful laugh surrounded my ears.

"Mr Potter and Ms Granger, care to inform me what you are doing at this particular time?" I asked but neither blinked.

"Having fun" Harry replied and I felt my blood boil dangerously.

"Oh really? Please escort yourself to a room" I said boredly before realising what I said. Do not get a room.

"Ok" they said, shrugging.

"Wait, Mr Potter, I need to speak with you" I said formally and he nodded as she went.

"Stay the fuck away from my girl" I said seriously and he smirked.

"Not your girl anymore, punk" he said.

"She is mine and mine only" i said, twisting his arm behind his back. Suddenly, Mione comes out of nowhere and pulls us apart and starts checking Harry for injuries.

"No, not anymore" she spat.

"Yes you are, no matter how many people you date, you'll always come running right back to me, because at the end of the day, we were together, not you two" I said.

"Really Draco? Two things you should know: Number one; We are dating" she exclaimed, motioning between the two of them and my mouth dropped open in pain. Harry looked genuinely confused for a second before he nodded and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. I growled loudly and he smirked.

"Number two; you are an onion" she said and both mine and Harry's eyebrows shot up in both amusement and confusion.

"You have so many layers, and people think once they unwound you, you would be of some use. As these people go through your past and break down your layers, all you do is make them cry and cry until you eventually put those barricades up again and wait for some other person to fall into your trap" she said harshly and Harry looked away.

"You don't mean that" I said brokenly but she nodded.

"I do, and now we are over, so you have no say in who or who not I can be with, not after what you did" she said and I nodded sadly.

*Flashback over*

Things between us were sad and gloomy after the breakup, considering we live in the same room together. She tried to move, but it wasn't really possible. So we just merely ignore each other, but before i go to sleep, I apologise and kiss her forehead even though she is asleep.

She once woke up before I kissed her forehead so I had to pretend to lean over to go get a tissue from the table next to her.

I snapped out of my daze when felt blood seeping down my arm. I looked and sure enough my knuckles we're bruised and bleeding.

"I can't ever forgive him, Blaise. You of all people should know that" a voice said in a hushed whisper outside the door.

"Mione, please listen to me sweetheart" another voice started and I felt my blood boil.

She isn't yours anymore, Draco, you can't keep getting jealous of whoever she talks to.

"He needs you, I know he won't admit it, but he needs you, you make him happy. Happier than I've ever seen him" the voice whispered.

"I never told you why I broke up with him, so you don't know things from my perspective" Hermione's voice hissed.

"Please, enlighten me" a voice said back.

"He cheated on me. That fucking bastard cheated on me. With Ginny. My best friend. I loved him. I loved him more than I would've liked to admit. And he-" her voice breaking messed with my head. I heard the person gasp quietly and I looked at my shoes.

"He slept with Ginny. While he was with me. So no, I can't forgive him, not after he literally broke my heart" she said quietly.

"So if he were to ask for you back, what would you say?" He asked and I heard a sigh.

"He already did. It took me all my willpower not to break his face. He asked for forgiveness, which I can't give him" she said and sighed.

"I'm sorry Mione, I didn't know." The other voice said and I heard the doorknob twist.

"Bye Blaise, see you tomorrow I guess" she said and the doorknob twister further.

"Wait" he said and the doorknob was released. I heard weird squelching noises and I immediately recognised it. He kissed her.

"Night Mione" he said and the door opened completely. Hermione was wearing a goofy smile on her face as she entered and it pissed me off to know the reason was another guy.

She lifted her head and noticed me leaning against the wall and gulped. The smile slowly left her face and her eyes clouded with pain.