Chapter 7: Mistakes were made

Draco's P.O.V
________________________________

I glanced at her, asking for her approval and she nodded at me.

I walked back to the bed after she left the room.

I can't believe she said that. That makes two people who think I have become my father.

My best friend and my ex enemy's best friend. Perfect.

I waited a while, almost drifting off to sleep when I heard the door creak open.

Hermione ran in and immediately dashed into the bathroom.

I sat up, confused.

Then I heard the sound that broke me inside.

Sobs. Tears. Crying.

I heard a soft thud before the sobs continued. They went on for about fifteen minutes before they eventually slowed to a whimper, then she fell asleep right there in the bathroom.

Without any hesitancy, I got up and accio'd the door open without disrupting her sleep.

I picked get up bridle style and put her down on the bed. Her eyes were swollen from crying and there were dried tears on her face.

Weasley's going to pay for what he's done.

I walked out of the room and roamed the halls till I found the ginger I was looking for.

I grabbed him by his neck and slammed him against the wall.

I didn't want to look up at him, I knew that I would lose it.

"What did I do?" a squeaky voice cried.

I looked up in alarm and immediately stripped my hand from the innocent boy.

"Oh sorry! I thought you were Crabbe" I lied.

"Are you apologizing?" he asked, nervous.

What is it with these people? Why can't I say something nice without them grabbing a thermometer and checking my temperature?

I groaned in annoyance and he seemed to have got the message. I hope.

I continued my quest for that carrot when I heard two people speaking.

"No I just did" a manly voice said

"So you guys are not together now?" a girly voice squealed.

"Yes, finally. She was such a pain in the back, now I can be with you...." the man said.

Now where have do I know that voice? Wait a minute....WEASLEY???

I barged in to the area, clearly furious.

How dare he do that to Hermione?

I was about to scream at his pathetic soul when I remembered what she said.

Don't let that stop you!!! My inner voice yelled.

But for some reason, I did.

I turned and walked back to the dorm. I saw her laying peacefully and slept where she wasn't sleeping on the bed.

***

The next day I woke up to hear faint singing on the shower.

"Tell me how's it feel, sitting up there. Feeling so high but too far away to hold me!"she sung.

It feels sad and depressing. Wait what?

I literally froze and listened to it for a while.

Her melodic voice filled my ears and I quickly took a shower and changed into my robes.