Chapter 35: Additions

Hermione's P.O.V
________________________________

"Sorry guys, gimme a minute" I excused myself as I hurried toward the bathroom for my hundredth fit of nausea.

I reached for five minutes before finally exiting to see the worried looks of my friends. Well everyone's worried looks except Luna, who had a strange look on her face.

"You good?" Harry asked in concern and I nodded, trying to reassure everyone.

"Yeah, I ate something stale"

"Hermione, can I talk to you for a second?" Luna asked and I nodded as she dragged me into my dorm, locking the door shut.

She rummaged through her purse before producing a small, slender stick I recognised.

"I'm not pregnant!" I protested.

"Hermione, you show all the signs, and plus, a Yargle can sense duplicating cells from a mile away. They become attracted to it"

She pulled out a small yellow creature and a jar of honey. She put the honey next to me and held the creature up in her palm.

The creature ran up to me and landed on my shoulder, rubbing itself all over me.

"See? It's favourite food is honey, but it's like it can't even see to when it's next to you" she explained and my mouth dropped open.

A baby? I can't handle that! We graduate in a week! A week! Would Draco even want the baby? It's his, no doubt, but what would he think? Would he leave me?

"Take the damn test" she pushed me toward the bathroom and I sighed. I went through the process and placed the stick into the liquid.

"I'm waiting" I said and she nodded.

"Would Draco want the baby?" I blurted and Luna raised an eyebrow.

"Hermione, it's a child. His own flesh and blood. His kid. A life. He would become a father. If he doesn't want that child, there's something wrong with him. Being a parent is hard, but rewarding. If you decide to abort, you are taking a life. Killing someone. If you don't want this child give it to me, I can't have my own" she said and my jaw dropped.

"I'm so sorry"

"It's okay. But what you need to understand is that it is such a blessing to be able to carry your own blood. Take that opportunity, because some people can't"

I nodded sadly. My timer went off on my phone and I walked toward the bathroom, taking a deep breath. Luna places a comforting hand on my back and i exhaled slowly, using a paper towel to pick up the test.

"It's positive"

***

I took deep breaths in and out. I was going to be a mother. Have a child. At 18. It's going to be born when I'm 19. 19. That young. My parents are going to flip.

I wrapped my hands around my stomach lightly as the dorm door opened and Draco walked in. His adorable grin was present as he walked toward me. It quickly disappeared as he looked at my face, rushing over to sit next to me next to the bed.

"Are you ok?" He asked, checking me.

"Draco I need you to listen and listen good"

He froze.

"I want you to not freak out, I don't want you to flip out or...leave me"  I said.

"Why...why would I ever leave you?" He asked, his expression becoming fearful as I grabbed his hands and entwined them with my own.

"What's going on?" He panicked.

"Relax, take a deep breath" I instructed and he did, immediately calming down.

"Sweetheart, what is it?"

"I love you, always know that" I said.

"What the fuck is happening!!!" He exclaimed and I clutched his hands with one hand and grabbed the test with the other.

"You're going to be a father" I said, holding up the pregnancy test.

Silence.

More silence.

Even more silence.

He carefully grabbed the test that was in the plastic baggie and held it up, his expression fearful. I knew it.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and his eyes snapped to mine. He gently grabbed my head, forcing me to turn to him.

"Sorry, what are you sorry for?" He whispered.

"If you don't want to keep the baby, I'm sorry because I will keep it, whether you leave me or not" I said and he sat on his knees in front of me, cupping my chin gently to look at him as he placed his hands on my rounding belly. I don't know how I didn't notice it before.

"Hey, hey, hey look at me. I love you. So fucking much.You're bringing my baby into this world. Our baby" he said.

"I'm going to be a father" he chanted.

"You want this?" I asked and he kissed me roughly.

"How could you ask that? This child, is mine. You're having a baby. My baby. I have dreamed of this. You're the only person I have ever wanted it be the mother of my child. If it's a girl, I will spoil the fuck out of my princess, if it's a boy, I will make him have the greatest life in history. I will give my life for him/her. I would lie on hot coals for them. What you're carrying, is my world. You and my baby. My fucking universe" he said and lifted my shirt to kiss my stomach.

"If you think I would even think of leaving either of you, you have lost your mind. I love you, and I love my child" he finished as he kissed my stomach again. He lay me down gently and came beside me.

We stayed like that for a while.

"What about my parents?" I asked.

"They will have to accept it"

"What do you want it to be" he asked and I shrugged.

"Honestly? Healthy, that's it, what about you?" I replied.

"A girl. I want to spoil her. I want to spoil her to the point that she doesn't have anything left to ask for. The way I want to spoil you" he whispered, kissing me softly.

"You're going to be an amazing father"

"You'll be an even better mother"

"I'm scared" I said and he pulled me close to him, cuddling me.

"I'm fucking terrified. But you'll be there to help me through it, so I'm going to be just fine" he said and I grinned.

"I love you" I whispered and he smiled.

"I love you too, sweetheart"