Chapter 9: Lake Mistake

Hermione's P.O.V
________________________________

I was dismissed from hospital ward three weeks later. To be honest, I was fine a week ago but Madam Pomfrey told me it was just in case.

I shook my head as I spotted Harry waving at me. I couldn't help but smile at him.

Harry has turned into a...playboy to say the least. He has probably been with 3/4 of hogwarts girls. First he was with only one (Cho) then he left her when he got bored and the cycle continued. I don't understand why people want to be with him, knowing what would happen a month later. I guess they each think it would end different. Idiots.

It's really breaking Ginny because they like each other and are so close that she borrows his clothing sometimes. Everytime he she sees him with someone they get into a fight. Of course, Harry being Harry, he feels horrible after, but his pride gets in the way of him doing or saying anything.

I sat next to Luna and started talking to her about Neville and stuff. They are really, really close and are dating I think. We all have only gotten closer in the last few weeks.

Malfoy and I keep our distance, although we talk sometimes, we normally just ignore one another. He's actually an idiot though cause him and Harry are the biggest players.

Ugh it's horrible. Every time I go to the dorms I have to deal with it. They use my shower as well because Malfoy says that he doesn't want girls taking stuff and sleeping with it at night.

I can't believe it. I'm hella mad at Harry though. He has definitely changed.

Ron and I, we just pretend the other doesn't exist and when we do talk, it's usually an argument or a fight. He's gotten back with Lavender, which is annoying but I mean, I don't own that shithead.

After lunch, I went down to the lake again. It helps calm me and I can be myself. I can talk to a freaking rock and act like it understands me and no one will know. It is my safe haven, where I can drop the weights from my shoulders and clear the clouds from my head.

I walked along the slippery rocks and searched the dark trees for anything useful like wood. I spotted my favourite hide out, a little cabe where I could see everyone, yet no one could see me. It was great.

I watched Goyle pick his nose and do other things several times and I walked out of nowhere and he just went into shock.

Another time I sat at the back of the cave when two boys came in and started arguing about who's junk was bigger. I put on my high pitch gurly voice and said "Have you seen those guys? They are so small, like last time, I barely got any!" I squealed and they flinched. Embarrassed, they walked away silently.

I found a good spot and sat down. It was facing the lake and a rock covered most of the entrance. I could see everything, but no one could see me. Stalker level 100.

I watched silently as Pansy did her mascara in the lakes reflection and a wicked idea popped into my head.

I walked around the lake and silently creeped up on her. Then, with a lurch, I pushed her into the lake and ran off before she could see me.

Before I knew it, a high pitched scream left her mouth and I tried my best not to laugh, so Instead I slapped a hand over my lips and had to control myself so I would burst. My shoulders we're shaking.

Then I spotted good ol' Harry and I got up to greet him. He stopped in front of where Pansy was and said something I couldn't hear.

Then she launched herself onto him and began kissing him. My mouth dropped open in shock. They began getting at it and I was literally so pissed at him.

I lifted my head to look elsewhere when I spotted a familiar ginger on the opposite side of them.

Ginny was frozen and her face was pale. She stared at them and I noticed a silent tear go down her face. I immediately left the cave and ran beside her.

"Hey" I said softly, engulfing her into a hug.

"H-He s-said he loved-d me and was going-g to get some wat-ter" she said. Then something in her eyes snapped and Niagra Falls entered the chat. She couldn't stop crying. It broke me to see her like this. She's never liked anyone this much (not even Dean).

"I'm not here to tell you its ok, and I'll always be here for you when you need a shoulder to cry on" I told her. She nodded and continued crying. She let out a wail and I froze.

Harry's head snapped toward us and his face contorted in guilt. He then turned to me and gulped. He saw the fire blazing in my eyes.

Ginny gave a disappointed glance at him and be froze. Then he did what I never thought he would ever do.

He turned back to Pansy and continued what they were doing.

"HARRY MOTHERF***ING POTTER!" I screeched as loudly as I could. He just shrugged and continued, without sparing a glance at Ginny.

Ginny broke down.

I picked her up and walked all the way back to the building. I went to her dorm and placed her on her bed.

"I don't know how to thank you" she said.

"I don't need your thanks Gin. All I need is Hersheys ice cream and you're good to go"

She smiled half heartedly and fell asleep after.

Poor girl, she had to go through all that, for someone she loved. I know she won't get back with him, I saw it in her eyes. He could never reverse the pain. If he had spared her a glance, it would've been different.

I silently trudged back to the dorm and sat on my bed. I called Luna and she came in minutes later.

"What happened?" she asked softy.

"If it's Malfoy again I will make sure I accidentally set free all my Bogurs and they rip his limbs off piece by piece." she said with a straight face, but her eyes held fire.

"Not that ferret this time, it's actually Gin. She walked into Harry and Pansy getting at it after he supposedly said he loved her, then when she caught him, he didn't even care" I said disappointedly. I can't believe him.

"Whats gotten into him? He's changed and I don't like it." she said.

Suddenly she got a call and excused herself.

I sat on the bed and stared at the ceiling until I heard a knock on the door.

Thinking it was Luna, I rushed to open it, only to be greeted by and extremely drunk Malfoy.