Chapter 25: Goodbye

Hermiones P.O.V
________________________________

Uhhh hey guys, it's me. Umm there is a slight problem, idk what but this is chapter 25, not 24, so read the next chapter and come back to this one. I'll fix it soon, just don't know what happened. That's where you'll find it.

"Don't cry sweetheart. Please don't cry" a voice whispered softly and I tensed, hearing the person I wish I could never see again.

"How could you?" I whispered painfully. I opened my eyes to see him kneeling down in front of me so I was eye level with him.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart" he said sincerely but I just scoffed. I was broken.

"That's not an excuse!" I said angrily. He kept silent as he went to wipe my tears but I pushed him away. How dare he?

"I know baby, I know but-" he started.

"Don't call me baby, we're over. A week Draco. You couldn't handle me for a week?" I said painfully and he ran a hand through this hair.

"Why?" I asked quietly and he stayed silent. He didn't have a reason. I shook my head.

"I'll ask for a dorm change, and I expect you to leave me alone. Goodbye...Malfoy" I spat and his eyes again widened as he stood up.

"No, please don't leave me, I love you" he said, wrapping an arm around my waist and leaning his forehead against mine.

"You don't. Or else you wouldn't have done what you did" I said and tried to pull away, but his grip held me static.

"No sweetheart, please. I messed up bad but I need you. You changed me. I used to be so cold and heartless. I hated everyone, but you changed that, you made me see light in my dark world. You were my light. If you leave me now, I'll become the person I once was, I don't want that. I don't want to forget how to laugh or smile. I don't want to go back to being that person. I changed once for the better because of you, and without someone to brighten my world the way you do, I'll go back. And that thought scares me" he pleaded, caressing my cheek softly but I leaned out of his touch.

"I need you baby, I need you. I don't want to change back, I can't change back. I ruined my life, but you saved me, sweetheart, you saved me from that life. I would've gone down a dark path, I don't want that, please." He said, kissing my forehead and I flinched.

"I love you sweetheart, I need you." He said, kissing my nose and I looked into his saddened eyes and did something I would regret.

I stepped away. I pulled back, leaned out of his touch and shook my head.

"I'm sorry, Draco. There will always be someone to heal a broken heart, the way there is someone else waiting for me." I said and watches as his eyes broke and a hint of moisture appeared beneath them.

"You hurt me Draco, more then you could imagine. You broke me and this time, you can't fix me. Our paths split here. Whether I will talk to you again or become a friend is not up to me, it is my fate. There is someone waiting for the both of us. Maybe here, or in the future. But all I am sure of is that you can't get me back, no matter how many times you say you love me or how many times you apologise" I said and a his eyes were now wet, mine already dripping with tears.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I loved you" I said and his eyes widened in shock.

"I'll probably deny it for the rest of my life, but I just want you to know that if you didn't mess up, we would've had something more, something so much more. Because I loved you, and you said you loved me. The sad reality is, I think I already knew what was coming" I said honestly and he flinched.

"But it was my attraction to you that made me so fucking blind. I wish I noticed sooner. I saw you glance at other girls a couple times, but I brushed it off, thinking you wouldn't stray. But I was wrong, Malfoy. Once a player, always a player. I hope whoever you end up with you treat right, because no one deserves what you've done" I concluded and watched as a couple more tears left his eyes.

I turned my back to him and walked away, but was stopped when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into a body. My back hit his front. He wrapped both his arms around my torso and buried his head into my hair and I felt my shoulder wet with his tears.

"I'm sorry love. I'm so so sorry." He started and I was about to move away in frustration, scared to continue this conversation when he continued.

"Sweetheart, stop resisting, I'll let you go, just wait a minute. I just, I need this, for a second and I'll let you move on" he said, inhaling my scent.

"I'm sorry baby. Maybe I'm not the best for you. You're right, you don't deserve me, you deserve better. I hope whoever you end up with treats you right, better than how I did, but I just need you to know I love you, more than you know and ever will know. I'll never move on from you, I won't ever stop loving you. You were the only one who could unblock my heart and look past all my dark layers, and I know no one else can do that. So no, there is no one else left for me but you" he said sadly and hugged me tighter, kissing my shoulder.

"I love you baby, always remember that. I don't care who you end up with at the end, but I'll be waiting, just in case. I'll wait for days, months, even years. I know I've messed up, and I hurt you and I won't forgive myself" he said, inhaling my scent one more time before kissing just above my earlobe.

"If you're happy, I'm happy" he said, kissing my forehead one last time before pulling away.

"Goodbye, Mione"