Chapter 39

*previously*

My breathe hitched, my memory starting to fade as I couldn't recall if this was real or an illusion. Maybe I did kill people, but they just look like them? Maybe I will accidentally get them killed? What if I am the fault of their death?

What if....

I was planned to be this way...

____3rd Person POV_____________________

  "Okay, so I've managed to complete half of the antidote, but I still need those components from Crane to finish. Any update?" Oracle's electronic voice rang through the ear piece as everyone was on high alert, scanning around the area, watching Crane's men wander about.

  "We're in, but it's a matter of getting into his office and getting the information," Tim said as he swung over to Damian, glancing over.

  He could see the worry in Damian's eyes, but didn't decide to push it farther, as he didn't want to loose his head. He understood of Damian's panic for his sister, and his on-edge behavior since they arrived at the compound. So, he didn't press matters.

  "How's Bruce and Dick doing in Arkham? Any word?" Jason said as he clicked his helmet on to X-Ray mood, looking at each passage into the office.

  Oracle's voice rang again as she hit a few keys on the keyboard, "No word so far, but from his tracker, it seems like they're in,"

  "And (Y/N)?" Damian said, more of a statement than a question.

  With hesitation, she sighed, hoping it would go unnoticed, and clicked her headset on, "She's in stable condition, Damian. Don't worry. Her body activity looks the same as before, so it must mean she's fighting,"

  Without a response, Damian nodded to himself, trying to reassure that she'll be okay. Just then, he felt a hand on his shoulder, and without looking up, he sighed.

  "She's a strong fighter. I have no worry for her. She'll make it out just fine." Damian recoiled at the action, feeling the heat of the hand leave his shoulder.

  "I know..." Jason said as he started towards the edge,

  "Alright, we should get that information. Tim? Got the chip?" Tim nodded in response.

   "Let's go then." Damian said as he jumped from the edge and towards the ground.

_______Time Skip_________________

   "Alright, we got what we need. Now let's go, before Crane shows up." Tim said as he pulled the chip from the computer.

  He managed to grab as much information as he needed while the other two fended off him from the goons. They were simple and easy though, so it wasn't that hard for them.

  'Off the street, don't know what they're doing henchmen' VS 2 Vigilantes (both connected to assassinating in a way).

  It was fairly easy for the boys.

  "Guys, we need to go now, Oracle's not answering at all!" Jason shouted as he glanced back at the two jet haired boys. Tim nodded and started to sprint towards the exit, chip secured in his belt. Damian followed, fending off from behind.