Prologue

(Just a heads up, I wrote this when I was like 15, so I'm so sorry it's literally the One Direction x reader type stuff... it's a bit cringey)

___3rd Person POV___

  "It's over Scarecrow, give up already," Batman said as he stalked over the tied up criminal. Both Batman and Robin finally got Scarecrow after an hour of searching through the facility he was supposed to be hiding in. At one point, Robin was sprayed with the famous "Fear-Toxin" that Scarecrow produced, but was fine since Batman had a cure for the said toxin.

  The rugged, thin man that layed there tied up chuckled, "You think it's over Batman," he spotted the name out as he leaned up slightly, "But it's all just begun," he started to chuckle more and more, which annoyed Robin. To this Batman grabbed Scarecrow and lifted him up, slamming him into the wall, ready to interrogate.

  "What has begun?" His voice was deep, like usual, and was laced with slight anger as he hated when criminals used the phrase 'Its just begun'.

  "Ohh, you know...just the fun," he grinned a sinister grin as he went to move his hands up, ready to spray Batman. Knowing this and seeing it, Batman instantly knocked Scarecrow out in one punch.

  As the rugged man fell to the ground, Batman looked back at a bored Robin.

  "What's wrong now, Robin?" The said Robin had his arms crossed as he was in deep thought. He snapped out of his thoughts when his father asked him a question.

  "Why can't we kill him again?" Robin looked pass Batman towards the unconscious Scarecrow. Batman sighed and rolled his eyes, "Damian..." His voice was stern as he didn't want to have another arguement with Damian about this.

"I'm just saying! If we kill hi-" Robin started but was interrupted by Batman, "Damian, that's enough!" Robin huffed and turned away from Batman.

"Listen, we've talked about this before, and-"

"I know. I know. No need to remind me,"

  Batman goes to take a step towards Robin, but stops when he hears movement not coming from him or Robin. It couldn't have been Scarecrow because the noise was in front of them both, while Scarecrow layed behind them.

  After standing still for a few moments, both Robin and Batman moved so they were near each other, fighting to fight.

  All of a sudden, four men wearing all black ninja-like outfits appeared and started to attacked Batman and Robin with Katanas. They fought off the four until there was only one left. The last one seemed to be out of breathe, but raised his sword towards Robin,

"Where's the other one?" He questioned as Robin stood ready to attack, alongside Batman. Both Robin and Batman responded with the same question, "Where the other what?"

  "Where's the other twin?" He got back into a fighting position, "We only came for the twin, now where are they?"

  Batman looked over at Robin with confusion, but looked back at the figure with a serious face, "There is no other one." He stated with slight confusion, but still kept his guard.

  The ninja figure seemed to be disappointed as he shook his head, a smirk planted onto his features, "That's not what I heard from Talia,"

  Robin sprung forward at the figure. Angered by the name of his mother, he was determined to rip this guy to pieces. But that didn't last long, Batman joined in on attacking the figure until he was knocked out.

  After finishing up everything, Batman and Robin went back to the cave, in silence. It wasn't a calming silence, it was tense. Both wanted to speak; to question; but neither of them did, until they were at the cave.

  Batman took off his helmet and turned towards Robin, who took off his mask. Before he could even ask, Robin cut him off, "No, I didn't know anything about a twin. Mother never mentioned or even hinted at it even, not once." Bruce nodded and started to question it.

'What if there is a twin?'
'What if there's another one?'
'What happened to them?'
'Why did Talia never mention it?'
'Are they even alive?'

  All these thoughts raced through the minds of Bruce and Damian.

  After a while, they both decided to do some research, and tried to find the twin, that was after they told Alfred, of course.

  Damian grabbed a water and sat at a little computer, ready to find this twin...

_______
Hey guys! I know this is a short chapter, don't worry they get longer, but this is the beginning of the story! I hope you all like it, it does get better! But here's the little background you need to know! Anywho, hope it all goes good, this is my first 'X Reader' book, so if I screw up or mess something up, please tell me. Also, I'm not good with interrupting characters so I AM SORRY if the characters are a little off. But anywho, please tell me if I mess up and goodbye!

808 words