Chapter 14

*previously*

"Everyone stay in place!!" We all didn't dare to move as these men had their guns pointed at us. There wasn't many, but there was just enough to scare us into hiding.

Just then, as the men started to surround us more, we heard someone start to walk in, "Ahh, Mr. Wayne, how I've been dying to get to see you,"

Just then, in walked in....

________________________________________
1st Person POV

The lights shut off, giving us pure darkness. It took my eyes a few seconds to adjust, and when they did, I regretted it.

There were gasp and some screams, as we all stared at the figure before us.

My 'brothers', I guess, saw me and was now by my side, protecting me. They stood close to me, trying to block my view or hide me. Dick was on front of me while Tim and Jason stood on the left and right of him. They towered over me, helping block me from the figure.

I could smell a faint scent of something dirty; like onions. It made me gag a little as I smelled it. My brother's seemed to smell it too, but not as strong as me.

Peering through the little slits in them, trying to see, I could see the door still opened. There were guards or men in outfits surrounding the place, but none in the hallway.

I raised an eyebrow as I saw Damian behind the guards, near the stairs. He was waving him hands around, and started to sign to us in ASL. I was the only one who seemed to understand his motions.

'Head towards the back, there should be a little escape tunnel I made a few weeks ago' I raised an eyebrow at him while giving him a confused look, but he didn't seem to catch on to it, since he turned around and walked away.

Bruce stood towards the center of the room, eyeing the figure, who I still couldn't see. A spot light cascaded down on him, giving him dark shadows over his face. I scanned over Bruce's stance, he looked ready to fight, his fist clenched, his jaw locked. I was slightly scared of ever getting Bruce angry, because man he looked terrifying.

He stared down the figure, and they seemed to take a few step forward. I could hear the rusling of their outfit, along with a metallic clanking noise.

"What do you want... Scarecrow?" Bruce's voice dripped with venom as Scarecrow started to circling him.

Taking the advantage of him being distracted, we slowly made our way towards the back. A few guards seemed to whisper to us to stop moving, or threatened us, but we kept on going. The boys seemed to split apart though, going a little faster than me. I was left to scoot towards the back entrance, alone.

I peered back at Bruce as he kept talking to Scarecrow.

"Let's see, what are you scared of? Business? No. Financial stability? No. How about loved ones?" Bruce flinched a little, giving the Scarecrow a glare as he looked my way. Scarecrow caught on quick as I could see the smile,

"So I'm right," he stalked over to me, forcing me to back up. He grabbed my wrist, and I started to panic, taking in deep breathes. I didn't struggle under his grip, since I didn't want to cause more trouble to myself.