Chapter 35

*previously*

"My dad, p-please-!" I stuttered out, as she nodded, and walked out of the room, leaving me sit there to sit in my sweat and fear. My head banging as a headache hit me, along with multiple random words that seemed to pop up in my head, making me blink a few times, squinting my eyes and looking down.

  "D*mnit you clown, what did you do?"

______1st Person POV___________________

  As I heard footsteps almost running to the door, I saw Bruce appear. His eyes looked like they were bloodshot, as if he'd been crying, which he probably was. He wasn't in a suit, or anything fancy, just casual clothes. His hair was a mess as well.

  He seemed to sprint over and hug me, but the nurse started to shout a little, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Please be careful! You don't want to accidentally pull one of the wires!"

  Bruce looked over, then back at me, gently giving me a warm hug. It felt nice, and made me feel better.

  "How long was I out for?" My voice was a mere whisper as I felt like I couldn't talk any louder.

  After holding me for a while, in silence, he pulled away and sighed, "11 days,"

  "WHAT!?" I stared at his face, hoping to find a hint of joking on it, but nothing showed except guilt and sadness.

  Just then, I saw the nurse put a hand on Bruce's shoulders and sighed, "I'm sorry Mr. Wayne, but we have to run a few tests on her, since she's now awake, and then you can come right back in,"

  I despised the word 'tests' as it gave me bad flashbacks. I hated to think about the past, and hurt and pain it caused.

  Looking up at Bruce, my eyes full of fear, I watched as he went to speak, but shut his mouth again. He looked back at me, and mouthed 'Its Okay' to me.

  My panic died down a little, but I kept my senses up as they escorted Bruce out. They then had doctors come in and run their tests on me...

____________Time Skip___________________

  "Healthy!? But how!?" I screamed as my father and brother(s) were around the hospital bed I was in.

  "I fell into chemicals, I basically drowned in acid!?" The nurse seemed to sigh and looked down at the clipboard with multiple papers.

  "We understand, Miss Wayne, but according to all tests, you show no signs of health issues or problems. Even your brain tests show that everything is stable and completely fine," she stated as she flipped the paper, then set it down on the table.

  "We are going to have to keep you here for one more night, just to make sure your body remains in stable condition, then you should be out of here by tomorrow," she cheered a little towards the end, which made me a little happy.

  But I was confused. How could my body take no damage from the acid? Is it because of the Lazarus? Even so, it wouldn't have healed everything. And that clown is still in my head, but is it just me daydreaming?

  Once the nurse discussed the recovery plan with my father, which just included that he needs to keep a close eye on me for a few weeks, and then if I'm good, then I can go on in life. But if something seems off, I need to come back and blah blah blah- I stopped listening.

  Instead, I looked over at Jason and raised an eyebrow, "You didn't have to deal with this crap when he got you, right?"

  Jason sighed and shook his head. I know he doesn't really like the mention of the Joker, and I can't even think about what the Joker said when he saw Jason...