Chapter 18

*previously*

Shadow smiled down at her sleepy form as he made his way through the city to a certain building, in which he knew that others were waiting for her.

He was slightly scared of what will happen with her, but trust that she'll be better, knowing she's with...

The Court of Owls

_

__With the boys cause they need love__

"God d*mnit!!! We were too late!! Of course we were d*mn late!! If it weren't for you morons-!!!"

"Damian. Calm dow-"

"Calm down!? Calm down!?!? My sister who we saw and had in our grasp fell out of it again!! Did you see how broken she was?? Did you see how lonely and hurt she was? That d*mn scarecrow killed her! He killed her; MY sister!"

Damian stared at his brothers, in pure anger. He was so caught up in the fact that his sister was taken away again, and nobody knew where, that he didn't notice the lukewarm tears streaming down his face. Damian felt more hurt then anyone because he felt like he failed his sister. He didn't want to give up, and he knew he wouldn't, but he was scared for her. What if they kill her? What if the League of Shadows finds her?

He thought the worse the situation then from what it really was. He tried to have hope that she would be okay, but it was slipping, and he was growing weak.

Damian shook his head and looked down at the ground, the tears falling from his cheeks, which were red now.

"She's gone! They took her away and she's gone, and it's my fault!"

"It's not your fault, Damian, and don't give up now. Tim followed the van using the security cameras all across town. So don't you go blaming this on yourself and creating a pity party. We'll find OUR sister and get her back, you got it?" Dick stated with clear anger lacing his voice.

Jason stood next to him and crossed his arms. Both were looking at the small spikey haired child with clear annoyance, waiting for a response.

Damian looked up, wiping his eyes, he made eye contact with Dick, "But what if-"

*WHACK*

Damian felt a sting in his left cheek, as he fell towards the ground. Jason stood over top of him, waiting for Damian to turn around. As soon as he did, he straightened up.

Jason looked at him with a sigh, "I get you're mad, sad, and feeling guilty, but can you save the emotions for later!? You want to get your sister back, you're going to have to get your d*mn act together and face this problem head on. It's the only way you're going to successfully get your sister back, got it, Demon Spawn?"

Damian nodded and stood up, rubbing his cheek, "You're a jerk."

"I know." Jason crossed his arms again and turned away.

As they all heard sirens go off in the distance, they decided to retreat back to the cave and get the security footage from Tim.

Running over towards a shaded area, they all grappled onto the ledge of the building and glided up to the roof. They then made their way back home; grappling, running, jumping, and doing whatever way to get back.

______

When they arrived at the cave, they were shocked to find everyone standing around the large computer. Making their way over to the tech, they looked over the shoulders of Bruce, Tim, Oracle and Alfred to find the video footage playing out.