Chapter 21.5

This is a special little chapter that I just thought of. Hope you enjoy!

___Liam's POV______________

   "D*mnit!! Those stupid Owls lied to me!! They told me they would just patch her up and help her wounds! Why was I so foolish enough to fall for their lies! Ugghh!!!" I screamed out and threw a nearby glass to the brick wall of the warehouse.

  'Ace' sat in his designated seat, near the built-in bar. He was tinkering with his little gadgets, but when was he not?? The little, faint sounds of metal hitting each other echoed throughout the brick room. I had come accustomed to tuning out the noise as I focused on my own thoughts, but a deep, darker voice interrupted them,

  "Not your fault. We all bought those d*mn lies, and look where that got all of us?" Ace stood up from his seat, placing his gadgets on the small table, and walked over to me. His pace was slow, and didn't show any emotion in the way he acted, so I didn't know if he even cared or not. He sighed and put a hand on my shoulder, shaking me slightly.

  "Our girl has powers now for God's sake, you saw how she took down those jokes. Maybe now we could convince her to join our little group?" He said as he pulled up the footage he hacked in to get earlier. It showed the jet haired girl that of which I've become friends with. She looked so powerful and strong with every move she took. I'm sad that Ace couldn't recover the audio to the video, because it would have made the scene more dramatic and emotional.

  Instead I stared at the film, analysing the girl's gift and strength she should. I know I shouldn't have even considered a deal with the Court of Owls, but they threatened me with everything, so I gave her up.

  When I had her in my arms, I knew I should have taken her to Batman or someone with better knowledge then me, and I'm mad I didn't. If I would have taken her somewhere else, she wouldn't have gotten hurt more from that d*mn lady, and wouldn't have those powers. But now that she does have them, we can finally get her in to the gang.

  "Maybe you're right." I said and pushed his arm, with the holographic footage, away and walked over towards the bar grabbing my drink from earlier, and downing it.

  "I just hope (Y/N) will say yes though. I mean, why wouldn't she?" I chuckled and looked over at Ace, who was rubbing his arm awkwardly as if he knew something I didn't. He looked down and walked over to the bar with me, taking a seat down.

  "Why wouldn't she, Ace?" I asked again, with a little more force. I wasn't mad at him, I just wanted to know why he was acting the way he was.

  "Because..." He took off his mask and goggles, along with his weird dark hat. His eyes trailed down to the glass of water he had in his hand. He gingerly looked up at me and sighed yet again. His fingers tapped on the glass, something he did when he was nervous.

  "She doesn't exactly like who I am..." He said and looked up at the TV, which had been playing the news, but neither of us payed attention to it. He continued, "Before she moved to your school, I would always try to get her to go out with me, and each time ended badly..."

  I patted his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. His dark brown eyes continued to stare at the TV, as his fingers stopped tapping the glass. His picked it up and tilted it back, letting the rest of the liquid fall out.

  "I bet she won't even recognize you. Plus you don't have to show her who you are, duuuh!" He chuckled at my childish behavior and stood up, grabbing his stuff and putting it back on.

  "You're right," He said as he walked over to his little 'room' he had in the warehouse. He grabbed a few more gadgets, while I continued to watch the news.

  "This is Vicki Vale here reporting right outside of the GCPD where the infamous villian, Scarecrow has just been apprehended and is now in custody of the GCPD. Witnesses say that the vigilante, Batman was the one to bring him in-"

  Ace came over and looked up at the TV, listening to it as well with me. We both stood with a little bit of surprise as 'Batman' was mentioned.

  "Batman's back? That dude disappeared for weeks, what the hell?"

  I continued to listen to it as I got up and started to get my suit on, ready to go out.

  "Yeah..." My voice trailed off as I went into thoughts.

'Ever since (Y/N) fought that night, Batman's been a lot more active than he did for the past few weeks. For a few weeks there, we had all the guys to fight and it was great, but I'm betting now that (Y/N)'s release has something to do with Batman...'

  "Oh my God." I said out loud as my eyes widened. My jaw dropped a little bit, which caused Ace to close it and slap me out of a trance I was in.

  "What?" He asked as he had no clue what I was thinking. My thoughts felt like a tornado hit them as they were scattered all around. I kept looking at the TV, watching some footage that a witness had caught the night that Batman got Scarecrow. I paused the TV, and stared at the picture trying to think of something to say. I was speechless as I blinked a few times. I looked back at Ace and he motioned for me to speak.

   Looking up, my mouth went dry as I thought of multiple outlooks on this, but said the most factual one I could think of,

"(Y/N) is related to Batman."

_________________________________________

  I know it was a small chapter, but hopefully you caught on to who Shadow and Ace were ;)

  I hope you enjoyed and new chapters are soon! See yah!

1.5k words