🌹Chapter Four🌹

Start from the beginning

Looking around myself I notice that I'm in a bed, not my bed and I'm dressed in pajamas that don't belong to me but are very comfortable. And the room I'm in is one that I don't recognize but it looks so familiar to me. What happened last night?

The last thing that I remember from last night is dancing and then nothing. Oh, it will come to me. Now I just have to figure out where I am. I'm sure I did not come here all by myself and change myself in someone else's house. I stand up but I immediately regret it as the headache that I have is just too great for me to do anything.

I notice that on the table beside the bed that there is a tray with a note and a glass with water. On the tray is a single aspirin tablet and I take it with the water to help with the headache. I'm pretty sure that it was meant for me since I don't see anyone else around here.

I also notice clock hanging on the wall that is ticking the time away and I gasp and my eyes widen when I see what the time is. It's ten in the morning. Work. I'm going to be late for work. No wait, I am late for work and I've never been late in my whole seven months of career and business life. I start to panic.

This can't be happening, this isn't happening, it just can't be. I don't like this and I don't like being late and I don't like being in an unknown place like this. "Ah, I see you're awake" A voice comes from behind me. The panic in my body only increases as the voice of that man that broke me rings through the room.

I'm filled with raging anger inside of me that begs me to let it out. Slowly I turn around to see the man that still haunts my nightmare. Alexander Knight. Seeing him in the flesh brings tears to my eyes. I'm speechless, my mouth opens and closes but no words come out and I don't like it.

He's dressed in a casual dark blue suit and his hair is perfectly random, but it still looks beautiful. What am I doing? "I know this is a lot for you to take in but I needed to talk to you" He whispers to me, his voice is so low that I could barely hear him but I did hear him.

I don't speak a word, not even finding my own voice to speak. I look down to the ground, afraid to look at him any longer. I need to remind myself that this is the man that hurt me beyond imagination and now I'm going take him and his business down.

"A lot to take in! Really? This isn't a lot to take in... you are a lot to take in!" I raise my voice with every word that I speak to him as I feel my anger just rise and rise and I don't even know if there is an off button to my anger. I'm not the same girl that I used to be before.

I take a step towards him and then another. He doesn't move as I go over to him but to both our surprises I walk to the door that is behind him and exit the room. I notice that there are stairs that lead to a hallway and I walk down the stairs and into the hallway and into the only direction that I can go into.

"Rose, wait!" I hear him call after me but I continue to walk down this hallway with tears threatening to run down my face and a headache that forces me to walk slower and nearly stumble. I don't turn around, I just keep going. Seeing him standing there brings back all the memories we shared, the memories that are fake and unreal.

Something catches my wrist and forces me to turn around and I'm met with his chest. "Rose, please let me explain" He starts but I wiggle out of his grip and turn around and continue to walk until I'm inside the club, only it's empty now and I'm rather confused.

AK. "This is your club" I whisper to him as I turn around with shame written all over my face. I can't believe this is really happening. I can't believe that I've been played by him. Again. He has guilt written all over his face and I feel my hanger only grow at this.

I turn around once again and walk out of the club in pajamas and hail a taxi because there is no way that I'm getting a ride from anyone else, especially not him and I also notice that Lena's car is gone out of the parking spot that she parked it yesterday.

I don't know if she drove by herself and put herself and others in danger or if someone else drover her car but I will have to call her and have her explain this whole thing. This can't be a coincidence that we are in a club that is owned by the man that destroyed me.

Either she knew about this and tricked me or she had no idea about it, but I am suspicious about it. While I sit down in the taxi, he goes out and comes to the taxi car. I had thought that he would try to get me out but he only heads the driver money and whispers something to him which I can't hear.

Taking a one last glance at him to see a tear trickling down his face the car starts and then drives off with me in it. The driver doesn't say anything and neither do I, somehow I know that he knows where to take me without me even knowing it.

My body is just so overwhelmed and I keep repeating this whole thing in my mind and how he didn't try that much. I would have thought that he would have forced me to listen to him or something or been rude to me or been Alexander Knight like, the cruel business man that spares no one.

I guess he's about to meet his match because there is no way that I'll allow him to beat me in this. I will be the first to take him down and show everyone that a woman can make a business from scratch without money or help from anyone. I will do this.

My body is just so tired, both mentally and physically and I don't feel like going to work with my body like this but there is no way that I'm skipping work. Besides I hope the building hasn't burned down by my absence because I already know that they can't work without me.

The taxi stops in front of my apartment building and I sigh as I exit the car which drives off without any delay. I open the door and I realize that I don't have my keys or anything. I don't even have my phone. Sighing, I remember that the purse that I had taken with me to the club last night is in that bedroom, my eyes had briefly glanced at it but were to busy with everything that was going on that I hadn't realized it sooner. Can this day get any worse? Yes it can because he's here.