Epilogue (Alternate Ending)

Start from the beginning

"Can you believe that? Brandon freaking Woelfel." I shake my head, chuckling softly. "My dad is pretty happy for me. He says it's been long since he last saw me this happy. He's glad I chose to follow my dreams and got into photography school. And my mom..."

I look down at my lap, my smile slowly vanishing. "Well, I haven't said a word to her since the most horrible Christmas we had."

"I know, I know. I should at least try to forgive her but I...I can't. I can't look at her face without remembering that she's alway's trying her best to help M... to help him get out of jail. I just can't."

I sigh, trying to keep the tears from falling. "Anyway, I..." I sniffle, cracking a smile. "I bought a ticket to Rome. I've finally decided to start the adventure." I chuckle briefly. "I know. It's about time, huh?"

"I'm thinking of selling my house," I say after a few seconds. "I don't want to stay fixed in one place only. I want to travel and photograph all over the world, never finding the time to rest. There's nothing to worry about, though, I've thought everything through. I'll be visiting every other month for a week, and I'm leaving Scar in control of our store, JD. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I opened my little clothing store. Time passes by so fast, huh? Oh, and JD's being talked about on social media, can you believe that? Those ladybug heels that came last month sold out by the end of the first week. I even read in a magazine about it. It declared 'red and black are all this brand sells, but that's what makes it so intriguing'."

"I'm so happy and I know you'd be so proud of me... I miss you so much." I smile, looking down at the ground and playing with my fingers. "We all do."

"Hey," I hear Ethan say as he takes a seat next to me.

"Hey," I smile in surprise. "I thought you were still in England?"

"I caught a flight last night."

"Oh. So you'll make it to Erick's party, then?"

He nods, his sight glued to the grave. He seems sad. It's comprehensible because it's exactly how I felt when I woke up this morning.

"How was the engagement party?" I ask.

"Lovely. My mom couldn't stop crying over Craig's cheesy speech." He half-chuckles.

I chuckle, picturing his mother trying her best not to sob.

"Today makes it four years," he murmurs after a while, placing the bouquet of blue flowers he holds near the white roses I brought earlier.

I lean my head on his arm and let out a sigh as we both dissolve in the tranquility that this place owns.

***

"Bae!"

"Hey," I smile, shutting the door behind me. "Where's Erick?"

"Kylie's here, babe!" Mia yells, before turning to face me and grabbing her purse from the couch. "You know he always takes forever to get ready." She rolls her eyes, chuckling.

Her eyes immediately widen once she looks at my hair. She gasps and opens her arms to pull me for a hug. "Oh my gosh! When did you get a new haircut?"

"Yesterday. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!"

"Thanks," I say, departing from her. "Scarlett said I look like Dakota Johnson."

"No, bae, you look like Kylie freaking Johnson. With sorta dark hair, but still Kylie Johnson."