Chap. 9

"Dad!" I melt myself in my dad's arms after running to his office

He chuckles as he hugs me tightly, "Hey there, Pumpkin. Missed me?"

"Not really." I depart from him and smile teasingly.

He laughs and places his phone down on his desk. "Your mother told me what happened. I've already taken care of Mario." He winks at me.

"That won't make him stop."

"Trust me, it will."

I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms over my chest. "Oh yeah? How many times have you grounded him for months and he continued to be the same asshole?"

"Language, Pumpkin." He pokes my nose.

I shake my head, deciding to drop the subject. "How was dinner with mom yesterday?"

"Awful." He dramatically sighs.

I mock glare at him and then mom enters his office. "He's lying. It was lovely."

Mom places a peck on my forehead and then slaps dad's arm playfully. "You even cried when you gave me that lovely speech."

Dad forces a gasp and then covers my ears. "Selena!"

I laugh as I remove his hands from my ears. My mom giggles and dad pulls her close for a long, sloppy kiss.

I cover my eyes disgustedly. "Get a room."

"Leave the room," dad shoots back with a small smirk, his arms wrapped around mom's waist.

"With pleasure," I say before stepping out of his office. I head to the kitchen and encounter my brothers and Scarlett sitting at the counter whilst eating breakfast.

"Morning," I say, trying my best to avoid looking at Mario. I am so angry at him that I can't even stand to be in the same room as him.

"Morning," everyone except Mario replies.

Not a surprise.

I take a seat next to Scarlett and smile at her after analyzing her outfit. She's wearing one of my red sundresses. It looks nice on her, a little tight but nice. I grab my plate of pancakes and ooze honey syrup on the one on top.

"Pass me the syrup, Ky," Marvin orders.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Manners?"

He rolls his eyes. "Pass. It."

"Only after you ask for it. Not command for it." I clench my jaw and keep the syrup to myself.

"Mark?" My twin looks at our oldest brother, looking for a defender, and Mark solely shrugs.

"Don't involve me in this," he grunts.

Marvin sighs, looking for another person to defend him. "Mario?"