Chap. 24

"How's she doing?" I ask, taking a sip of my skinny vanilla latte

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"How's she doing?" I ask, taking a sip of my skinny vanilla latte.

"Pretty well, actually," Julian responds as we step out of the elevator.

"Did the doctors say anything about her discharge?"

"They say they might send her home before the end of the week," he says, walking with me to his mom's hospital bedroom.

"Wow, that's fast," I smile.

She had a brain surgery a few days ago and yet she's going to be released soon. How great is that?

"Like I said, she's doing pretty well. They say her body has been responding well after the surgery. She can walk again and her balance isn't as bad as it was before."

"That's really good," I sigh in relief before taking another sip of my latte.

"Hey, mom," Julian smiles as we step into the room.

She looks up from her laptop and smiles. "Oh hey, kids."

He walks towards the couch she is sitting on and pecks her cheek. "How are you?"

"Still bald," she says, shutting her laptop as she receives the cup of tea from Julian.

"Looking gorgeous, Mrs. D," I say, sitting next to her on the couch.

"Really? I feel like a rocker from the eighties."

I chuckle. "I bet the nurses here are jealous of your look."

She smiles, keeping her eyes on her laptop screen. "And where's my baby?"

"The big one or the small one?" Julian asks, checking his phone.

"The small one."

"He's coming later with dad."

She nods, typing something on her laptop. "It kills me that I can't read him a story before he goes to sleep."

"He misses that," Julian murmurs, "But the doc told me that you're being discharged soon, hopefully on Friday."

"Thank God," his mom mutters, sighing in alleviation. "I hate hospital food."

"Just admit you miss my cooking, mom."

"That too, honey," she says, blowing him an imaginary kiss. She glances over at me. "So what's been going on in your lives? How was your double date with Scarlett and Ethan?"

"Well," Julian sighs. "My mother had a brain surgery a few days ago."

His mom sends him a fake glare before turning to look back at me. "How can you date him?"

"I don't know. I think I was drunk on the day he asked me out," I joke, plastering a serious look on my face.

Julian rolls his eyes, chuckling.

Kylie αnd Julianजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें