Chap. 6

"Wow

"Wow. You look beautiful," Mario mutters to my surprise just as I enter the living room to get my phone from the coffee table in case Julian calls.

"Did you just compliment me?"

He averts his eyes from me, focusing on his phone.

I must admit, though, that my knee-high red bouffant dress with a zigzag design on the sides does bring a certain sexy sparkle.

It was designed uniquely for me by my good friend and famous fashion designer, Angelica Smith.

"Hey, bae," I greet Mario's girlfriend, Mia, after noticing her presence in the room.

She smiles at me as she fixes Mario's black tie. "Bae! This dress you're wearing is so beautiful!"

I smile and look down at my dress, realizing that I'm barefoot. "I'm not even ready yet."

"And already looking super fab," she informs.

I giggle and look down at her maroon princess dress. "You look way hotter."

Her long blonde hair has been curled perfectly and her makeup is just simple; not too much nor too little.

"Thanks, bae." She blows me an imaginary kiss and I gladly catch it, bending my leg for a dramatic effect.

I make my way back to my bedroom and begin working on my makeup.

Scarlett is busy curling her hair to perfection.

"Do your brothers know that Julian is your Valentine?"

"They'll find out when he comes." I flash her an angelic smile.

She widens her eyes, curling another piece of hair. "You haven't told them yet?"

"Relax. They know I have a date," I say as I apply mascara on my eyelashes. "They just don't know it's Julian."

She shakes her head at me. "I don't even want to imagine their reaction."

"It's not like they'll do something about it. They'll have in mind that Julian is just my Valentine. Nothing more."

She slowly nods, absorbing the information.

After about fifteen minutes, she finishes straightening my hair and then applies two red clips on a few front strands, pulling them to the back. I wear my black peep-toe heels and grab my black minaudière.

Just as we're about to leave my bedroom, I feel my phone vibrate..

Julian Davis: I'm outside

Me: coming

We go down to the ground floor and encounter my mom, Mark, Mario, Marvin, and their dates. My hero is missing.

"Darling," Mom chirps as she pulls me for a soft hug. "You look absolutely stunning."

I smile, twirling like a princess.