Epilogue (Alternate Ending)

Alternate Ending (The first chapter of the sequel "Kylie and Julian: Till Death or Eternity?" is going to be published soon. This epilogue is an alternate ending that I felt the need to publish because, well, for those who aren't into paranormal that much, you can simply stick to this. If you choose to read the second book then forget this epilogue even exists. Thank youuu, I love youuuu!)

I remember the panic attacks, the sleepless nights, the infinite tears, and the intense grief

I remember not being able to smile nor speak in coherent sentences as my mind became a blur for the first few weeks.

I remember seeing Ethan mourn every single day for a whole month and Emma falling into depression. Wyatt wouldn't stop asking for his brother back after finally realizing that his absence was permanent.

I remember moving in with my grandparents because I couldn't stand Marvin - the reason Mario found out about everything - living with me.

I remember attending Mario's hearing and accusing him of being a heartless monster in front of everybody. It was the first time in months I'd uttered a sentence without breaking into sobs. My presumptuous mother flashed me a disappointed look because I wouldn't and couldn't forgive him.

I remember frequenting Mario's trial and sighing in relief when the judge convicted him of second-degree murder, making him face a sentence of 15 years-to-life in prison.

I remember falling into a deep, dark hole and taking months to find my way out of it. Matt and Martin constantly worried about me, and Scarlett never wanted to sleep at a place that wasn't my bedroom.

I remember finally gaining the courage to enter Julian's bedroom one last time before going away to college. My eyes were out of tears when I opened one of his drawers and found his drawings of me. It made me recall the last thing he said to me before dying.

"You'll be okay."

And so, after seven tormentful months, I finally had a dream. Not the ones I'd been having - where Julian's death occurred over and over until I was forced to wake up in tears, screaming - but a good dream.

Julian's fingers were tickling his guitar strings, with that ever sweet smile of his tugging on his lips as his caramel eyes pierced through mine. After waking up that day I felt his presence. I felt that he was trying to send me a message; telling me to go on the Jylie adventure. I knew he wanted me to be happy. I wanted to be happy. But he was my happiness.

It's been four years.

"Hey, Jules" I smile. I kneel and slowly trace my fingers on the top corner of his grave.

I feel the wind caress my face, blowing my bangs from my forehead.

"I got a new haircut," I chuckle quietly, tucking a piece of my short wavy hair behind my ear. "I also met Brandon Woelfel last week. He invited me to work with him on a shoot in New York tomorrow."