Chap. 10

~Warning: This chapter contains a brief steamy scene.

"Were you eavesdropping?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him

"I only heard the last thing you said before I came in," he promises, letting out a chuckle. "It's not my fault you decided to confess that beautiful thing right when I was about to walk in."

I roll my eyes and then stick my tongue out at him. "I lied."

"Uh-huh. Of course you did." He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck from behind me.

I fully turn around to face him and wrap my arms on his back, nodding in a convincing manner. "I did."

"Right," he pecks my lips.

Unexpectedly, Julian's six-year-old brother enters the kitchen. He's so grown up.

A smile makes its way to his lips once he notices that I'm here.

"Kylie! You're back!" He exclaims in a high-pitched voice, running excitedly towards me.

He remembers me!

I let go of Julian and jump off of the barstool. "Hey, Wyatt," I gush as I squat to embrace him. "Oh, I've missed you so much!" I let go of him and ruffle his hair. "How have you been?"

"Okay," he responds rather timidly.

I smile and coll him sweetly once again. "I've missed your sweet, skinny hugs."

He giggles after departing from me.

"Please call mom to come to eat, buddy," Julian requests as he ruffles his brother's dark hair. "You can hang out with Kylie later."

"Stop messing my hair up," he whines and Julian smirks before duplicating the action.

"Leave my Wyatt alone," I order as I lightly push Julian away.

Julian turns my face to face his and plants a kiss on my nose. "I'm the only one you can call yours."

I giggle, my cheeks turning red. "But he's a baby-"

"A child," he rectifies.

"Still," I roll my eyes. I look down at Wyatt and smile. "Aren't you mine, Wyatt?"

He nods innocently and wraps himself on one of my legs, sticking his tongue out at Julian. "And Kylie is mine!"

I flash Julian a victorious smile and he glares at Wyatt who simply giggles uncontrollably.

"Now, go and call mom, buddy, will ya?"

Wyatt nods before walking out of the kitchen.

"Your brother is cuter than you," I tell Julian, teasingly smiling at him.

"All babies are cuter than everyone else," he shrugs then takes a seductive step closer to me. "For example, you."

I drop my jaw and playfully slap his chest. "I'm a baby?"