Chap. 7

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" Julian asks as he approaches us

"Sorry. I came to check on her," I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear and glance at Mia.

Julian scrunches his brows, his narrowed eyes painted in concern as he looks over at Mia. "What happened?"

"Don't worry," she smiles sympathetically and then places a hand on my tensed shoulder. "I should probably go fix my makeup and then look for Mario."

I nod shortly and smile at her.

"Was she crying?" Julian asks after Mia abandons us.

"She's alright now. Mario problem."

He nods as his facial features slowly relax and then he turns around to look at the people entering the school. A mischievous smirk immediately forms on his lips.

"Maybe we should...stay here for just a second?" He steps forwards and I involuntarily inch away from him.

I bite my bottom lip whilst smiling. "But we can't."

"Come on! It'll only take a few seconds," he pleads softly as he pulls me behind a tree, clutching me against it with his hands securing my wrists. "I'm sure they won't notice."

I giggle. "I'm serious, Mr. Davis. You'll go to jail—"

He interrupts me by pressing his lips on mine and after a few seconds, his tongue asks for permission. I softly bite his bottom lip and he deepens the kiss with full forces.

He breaks the kiss and runs his fingers through his hair, letting out an impressed sigh. "I forgot how good you are at this."

I smile, my cheeks reddening as I push his face away from mine playfully and roll my eyes. "Dork."

"Come on," I grab his hand and lead him to the school entrance. "Mario is probably freaking out right now."

He frowns and then lets out a pouty sigh. "Great."

I flash him an apologetic smile and continue on my way to the gym.

He comprehends that with my brothers around we can't get too intimate. He agreed to go on this dangerous journey with me and abdicating doesn't seem to be one of his desires. I really don't deserve him.

We go near the food area and I resume the process called 'hungrily snatching snacks into my mouth as if I've never seen food before in my life'.

"What?" I raise one of my eyebrows at Julian after spotting his amused facial expression as he watches me eat.

"It's like you've never eaten before," he laughs as he steals a chip from my hand.

"Well, I didn't have lunch," I defend.

"Why?"

"Because I had to prepare myself for the dance," I say in a duh tone. "Why else?"