Chap. 20

"Let me guess

"Let me guess. You aren't grounded anymore?" Mia raises her brows as she approaches me.

I shut my locker door and turn to face her, a huge grin spread across my face.

"The big smile says it all."

"I'm staying in the water today 'til my skin grows old," I sing, shaking my head to the imaginary beat.

"Ew."

I laugh, falling into step with her as we walk to the cafeteria.

"Are you and Mario still not talking to each other?" She asks, looping her arm through mine as we take a turn.

"Nope."

She sighs. "You better fix things between you two."

Sure. Maybe in like fifteen years.

"And what about you?" I ask, deciding to change the subject.

"What?"

"How are things with Mario?"

"Perfect actually," she smiles, biting her bottom lip.

"And that's why you're the it couple."

"We're not the it couple," she rolls her eyes. "I hate that name."

"You two only have, like, one fight a year," I point out. "Your relationship is practically like a diamond."

She snorts but a smile doesn't escape her lips. "I actually think you and Julian are the it couple."

"Secret it couple," I rectify.

"Perfect!" She widens her eyes, snapping her fingers as we approach our table. "The Secret It Couple."

"The Secret It Couple?" Scarlett asks as we sit down at our table.

"Yep," Mia says, popping out the p. "Kylie and Julian are The Secret It Couple. That should come in the yearbook."

"Lower your voice," I hush, lightly slapping her arm as I pull out my lunch card.

"Sorry."

"Aren't you girls going to eat something?" Scarlett asks after taking a bite of her salad.

She's only been consuming salad and water these past few days, and that's completely strange of her.

"Yeah," I murmur, letting out a tired sigh as Mia and I get up from the table.

After getting our lunch, Mia and I head back to our table. We find Julian and Ethan seated at it.

"You guys are going to my party this weekend, right?" Ethan asks.

"Hell yeah," Mia says.

"Great," he smiles. "What about you, Ky?"

"I can't," I say sheepishly, glancing over at Julian.