Chap. 26

"You're late," Julian complains as I allow myself to enter his house

I offer him a sheepish look, shutting the door behind me.

"I've been waiting for a lifetime for you," he mutters grumpily.

I place my hands on my heart, smiling playfully at him.

He shakes his head at me, already knowing what I want to do. "No. Please do not-"

"Wasn't looking for love till I found you, oh na nae...for love, till I found you, ohhhh," I sing annoyingly, walking over to him, where he's busy playing a video game on his portable Wii.

He rolls his eyes, standing up and making his way to the kitchen whilst I giggle. "What took you so long anyway?" He asks as he jogs back into the living room, his daily avocado milkshake in his hand.

"I'm only, like, five minutes late."

"Seven," he rectifies, checking the time on his phone with the free hand. "I told you that mom is being discharged today and I want her back home as soon as possible."

I roll my eyes, deciding to drop the subject. Such the exaggerator. "How's Millie?"

"Doing better," he shrugs, grabbing his car keys from the key reef. "Did you have fun last night?"

"No," I sigh, opening the front door for the both of us to exit the house and to head to his car.

"As predicted," he chuckles, opening the passenger door for me.

I slip into his car and buckle up, waiting until he slips into the driver's seat. I take his milkshake from his hand and take a long sip.

"Guess who's back in town," I tell him after a while, checking on some recent posts on Instagram.

"Ken Parker," he mutters, starting the car before pulling off.

"Wait, you know he's in town?"

"Yeah," he affirms, placing an arm around the neck of my seat and one hand on the steering wheel. "I saw the photos of the party on Instagram. If it wasn't for Millie's continuous barf I would've been there by your side in a second."

I smile a little at his raspy jealousy tone. It's kind of adorable.

"Did he flirt with you? Like exceedingly?" He asks, turning to glance at me briefly, his jaw muscles ticking.

"Yeah," I smirk a little, playing with my ponytail. "Even put an arm around me and all."

"Are you trying to make me want to attack him?"

"Is it working?"

"Yes."

"Then yeah," I pat his hand - the one that is placed on my right shoulder, caressing my neck. "Because I want him dead."