Chap. 8

"Sweetie, breakfast is ready," Suzanne's sweet voice buzzes through the intercom

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Sweetie, breakfast is ready," Suzanne's sweet voice buzzes through the intercom.

I lazily groan and stir in bed, covering my head with my pillow and sighing.

Not today, food.

After some minutes, I hear steps enter my bedroom.

"I'm not hungry," I grumble.

"So you are not fine, huh?" I hear Scarlett's disappointed voice.

I mentally cringe. Great.

I sheepishly turn to face her, already fearing the dreadful facial expression that's lying on her face. "Hey..."

She has her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes are narrowed, just like I predicted. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to ruin your night," I explain.

"We weren't having a great time anyways. I could've come to your house and comforted you."

"I didn't need you to."

She rolls her eyes. "Right. Because you were able to handle your tears just perfectly."

She points her finger at my pillow that's stained with makeup and tears.

"You were crying, Kylie. You weren't fucking okay! I mean, look at your eyes! They're all red and-and puffy. And your dress is lying on the floor, your purse too—"

"Okay, Scarlett," I hiss, letting a single tear drop on my cheek. "Thanks for the heads-up."

I turn around to face the other direction and squeeze my eyes shut.

"I'm sorry," she breathes as she sits on the edge of my bed. "I'm just angry because you didn't tell me what was going on and lied to me that you were fine."

I quietly sob but remain in the same position.

"I'm here for you now," she assures faintly. "Tell me what happened."

I wipe tears off of my face and sniffle. "Just my stupid brother."

"Which brother?"

"Mario."

She lets out an enraged sigh and so I turn to face her, seeking for her change of facial expression. She rubs her forehead, clearly upset. "Did he try to physically attack Julian?"