Lunch

I hung around outside the basement door as Alastor did whatever he needed to to make Reggie talk. Personally, I didn't have the stomach for torture, so while Alastor did the dirty work, I stayed upstairs and made lunch for the both of us. 

After about an hour, Alastor came upstairs, shirt sleeves rolled up. He had some bloodstains on his shirt and hands. I looked up from where I had been laying out a salad I had prepared on the dining room table.

"That looks good," Alastor grinned, coming over to the table. He started to reach out to snatch a piece of chicken off the top of one plate, but I smacked his hand away.

"You're not going to eat with blood all over your hands, Al," I scolded, kissing his cheek. Alastor had the good sense to act a bit abashed as he went to go wash his hands. 

When he came back, I asked, "Any luck with our guest in the basement?" 

Taking his seat beside me, he replied, "Not really, but I've been going a little easy on him." I raised my eyebrow at him. The Radio Demon was going easy on a victim.

"Come on," Alastor said, "The guy's a wimp. I figured a little threatening would make him crack." I couldn't help but smile. 

"Just don't kill him," I replied, kissing Alastor on the cheek.