Shopping

Alastor took me to a modest looking boutique that blended in with the scenery. I could tell he was used to fancier outlets, but appreciated the consideration he showed. There was no way I'd be able to pay him back for designer clothes. 

I browsed through the clearance racks, searching for something that would help me land a job. After about ten minutes, I found a couple pairs of jeans and a couple of nice tops that I could wear at pretty much any job. When I met Alastor at the register, he gave me a rather confused look.

"That's it?" He asked with a crooked smile. 

"I don't need much," I shrugged, "Just enough to get me through until my first paycheck. After that, I can pay you back and expand my wardrobe." Alastor nodded, following my logic as I laid the clothes on the counter before standing awkwardly off to the side while he paid for them. 

It felt weird having someone buy me clothes. I was used to fending for myself. I mean, I had been supporting myself since my early teenage years. Biting my lip, a nervous tick of mine, I accepted the bag Alastor handed to me then turned to follow him out the doors.

"Thank you," I said, trying to smooth over the awkward feeling, "But I think I've got it from here." 

Alastor chuckled softly, "I can walk you back to the hotel. Can't have another repeat of the alley fisaco now can we?" I shot him a glare, trying my damnedest to suppress a smile