Antiques

Alastor led me into the large, yet cozy, library and over to a nearby shelf. He pulled a couple of books down, careful with their antique covers. I took one and read Moby Dick across the cover. When I opened it up to the first page, I saw that it was a first edition with an 1851 publishing year. 

"Wow, how did you get your hands on this?" I said in astonishment, carefully thumbing through the book. 

"I have a guy who finds me antique books in good condition." Alastor shrugged, handing me the other book.

"Of course you would have a book guy." I chuckled, turning the new book over in my hands. It was an 1865 copy of Alice in Wonderland. Alastor grinned as he watched me admire the books. 

After a long moment, I set them back on the shelves as I asked, "I didn't realize the most notorious demon in Hell enjoyed collecting books." 

Alastor laughed, "I wouldn't say I'm the most notorious demon in all of Hell." I rolled my eyes as I turned back to face him. While my back was turned he had moved closer. Now we were only about half a foot apart. 

Wordlessly our eyes met and he took a step closer, closing in the gap. I turned my face upwards, eyes closing as his hand gently cupped my cheek. I felt his lips come down on mine in a caressing kiss that made my heart flutter with excitement. I wanted him.

All of him.