The Deal

It took me a few days for the aching pain in my head to fully disappear. When I finally emerged from my room, Charlie insisted I take it easy. I assured her I would before heading out again to try to find a job. I couldn't keep taking advantage of their hospitality. 

I was just about to go into a convenience store with a pentagram spray painted on the side in bright blue paint, when a familiar voice stopped me.

"Surely you don't plan on asking for a job looking like that?"

I turned with gritted teeth to see Alastor standing there with his usual insane smile, "Considering I have nothing else to wear, yes I am." I gave him a pointed glare for effect, but that only seemed to amuse him more. 

"Listen, let me take you to get something nicer to wear." Alastor offered, adding when he saw me glaring daggers at him, "If it makes you feel better, I wont object to you paying me back." I wanted to fling rocks at him, but I couldn't deny that he had a point. 

Sighing, I gave in, "Alright, you win." I hated asking for help, especially from a virtual stranger who always seemed to pop up out of nowhere when I needed it. 

Offering me his arm, Alastor grinned at me, "This way, my dear."