Ready

I peered into my bathroom mirror, making sure my eyeliner looked just right. I was just about ready for my date with Alastor, and I was nervous as all hell. I didn't go on many dates when I was alive, and this was my first date in my....what was I exactly? Undead? Second chance at living? I shrugged, putting it off. No use worrying about stuff like that. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. With one last glance at my reflection in the mirror, I went to answer it. 

Alastor stood there on the other side of the door, his Cheshire grin stretched across his face. I couldn't help but return it. 

"Ready?" He asked, holding out his hand to me. I nodded, placing my own hand in his and let him pull me out the door. 

Alastor led me by the hand to a town car waiting outside. A little impressed, I followed him into the back seat. It was just as fancy on the inside as the outside, with leather seats and dark paneled interior. 

"So, where are we headed?" I asked, turning to Alastor.

"I figured a nice quiet dinner at my flat would be more enjoyable than going to some crowded restaurant." He replied, adding as he glanced at me, "If that's okay?"

I smiled softly at him, answering, "That sounds perfect."