How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

"Let's dance," she said breathlessly. Sasuke brushed some hair out of his eyes. 

"That was always the plan."

But watching you stand alone?

The two twirled and danced around the dance floor, and as the time went on, their earlier hesitation seemed to vanish.

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

Sakura smiled at the elation she felt at dancing as if she and Sasuke's relationship never went haywire. They laughed as Ino let out an inhuman screech as they passed by.

One step closer

They paused for a while as the climax of the song came, taking each other's presence in and relaxing in it. Sasuke pulled Sakura closer to him, so close that their chest were touching and Sakura could see every little detail about him. It made her heart race.

I have died everyday waiting for you

They resumed their dancing with Sasuke leading. Their dancing became less restricted and became more flowy. Sakura swirled her dress around, and Sasuke's arms were always there to support her elegant movements.

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

"They're watching," whispered Sakura, feeling the glares of the Uchiha elders.

Sasuke smirked. "Good. I want them to know that I don't care anymore."

For a thousand years

He caressed her face gently, his touch sending electricity everywhere in her body. He was electric. Their dancing was electric. Their touch was electric. Everything about this moment was electric, and Sakura loved it.

I'll love you for a thousand more.

So she tightened her grip on Sasuke, never wanting to let go.

--------------------

"So."

"So what?"

It was eleven o'clock on the next morning, and Sakura had awoken to see four familiar faces looking at her on the dining table, all raising their eyebrows knowingly. She sat down at the only vacant spot at the table, at the head in between Tenten and Ino.

"So, are you gonna tell us about your little night adventure with Sasuke or what?" Ino nudged Sakura. 

"Obviously," Sakura rolled her eyes. "You guys are my best friends."

"So, how did you figure it out?" Temari started bombarding her with questions. "Is it related to the news of Sasuke being disowned by his father? Why was Kiba found unconscious in a room? How did you two reconcile? H-"

"Calm down, I'll tell you," Sakura said. She quickly summed up her whole evening, from the moment she started eavesdropping on Fugaku to when she and Sasuke met up with the others.

Her friends were, surprisingly, a good audience that didn't talk too much. They kept their mouths shut, but gasped and squealed at exactly the right times. When she finished, however, they exploded with remarks.

"Kiba's such an annoyance!" scoffed Tenten. "The only thing good coming out of that encounter was that Sasuke could save you."

"I agree," nodded Hinata. "But can you believe how far Sasuke went for Sakura?"