Chapter 37

This time the voice was a little louder and frantic. And feminine.

"Malia?" he whispers,

"Took you long enough." she answers,

Stiles looked to his sides again.

"What are you doing?" he asks her,

They were speaking so softly no one seemed to notice. Thankfully Lydia was the only other person with them. If Scott or Kira were here they'd be asking what the hell their doing.

"For problem number 23 I don't get it." says Malia,

"You want me to cheat for you." says Stiles,

"It's not like anyone's gonna notice besides I've tried like five times and can get an answer that's one of my choices."

"The answer if 'B'." he says,

"Thanks." she says,

For the rest of the test she asked a few questions every now and then but other than that she seemed fine. When they got out of the classroom she hugged him and whispered thank you.

They went down to the lunch room together and met up with the others. They all talked about the morning but Stiles just sat in silence till Scott snapped him out of it.

"What." he says,

"You remember we have practice after school today." says Scott,

"Aw, I forgot."

"You're still going right?"

"Yea, yea, I'll be there."

Stiles ate some things but other than that he kept picking at his food. Malia watched him curiously, well practice for him meant no driving lessons, yet.

The rest of the day was better but still dragged. When classes were over she went down to the lacrosse field to watch Stiles practice and do homework. His reflexes have gotten so better that he was like Scott's equal. While he was goalie nobody scored except for Scott, he let him. Gotta make the captain look good, but she knew he could easily block him too.

He was awesome but when he and Scott were put as defense things got messy. While defending Scott flipped on of the players. The kid could get up and his foot hurt. They were all helping him out but she notice Stiles frozen in his place. He stared at the boy, who turns out to be a freshman.

Malia knew what was going on with him and she left her things and ran off to the field to grab him. Kira shouted after her but she didn't listen. When she got to Stiles she placed her hands on his cheeks and turned him to face her.

"Look at me Stiles, look at me." she says,

His breathing quickened but she told him to focus on her.

"Malia what..." he was saying,

"Focus on me okay not on the boys pain. Come on Stiles you can do this."

"I...I can't..."

"Yes you can."

She glanced back to see Scott and Isaac taking the kid back to the school.

"Come on I know what you need." she says,

Malia grabs his hand and pulled him along to the locker room. She turned on one of the shower heads and pushed Stiles against it. He only struggled a bit but even then she could see it wasn't really working. She grabbed his head again and now he was breathing even harder. At lunch he barely ate and she was getting suspicious but when the kid hurt himself and was screaming she had a good idea.

She told him it'd become an essential but he didn't really want to believe him. Malia moved on off her hands and clawed at her other wrist. She groaned before transferring the pain to him. A little something Stiles had shown her last night, how to give your own pain to another. She say as the black lines from her hand seeped into his face and slowly faded. Some blood dripped down her hand but the wounds healed.

Stiles grabbed her hand and his breathing slowed. She kept giving him what she could until she let her hand slipped. He slipped down the floor and took in some deep breathes. Malia joined him letting the water rain over them.

"You okay." she breathed out,

"Better, how'd you know...what to do?" he asked,

"You barely ate at lunch and you were so fixated on the boy when he hurt himself."

"So I need to feed regularly."

"I guess, I mean you haven't actually feed all day. Maybe you just need some on a daily basis."

"And let me guess, you'll provided." he says,

"Well I don't mind. It's not like it hurts." she says,

Stiles laughs and glances over at her. He stands up and turns the water off. He helps Malia up to her feet and kisses her.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" he says,

"Yea but I still love hearing."

She leans to kiss him until a forced cough separates them. They both turn to see Scott standing in the locker room.

"Sorry I'm interrupting. I just wanted to tell you I was going down to the hospital with Liam. Thought you might want to come." says Scott,

"A yea sure I'll meet you there." says Stiles,

Scott nods his head and smirks before leaving. Stiles was just about to follow when Malia grabbed his hand.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay. You know surrounded by all that pain." she says,

"Hey, I'll be fine. Just a quick visit to see if the kids alright and I'll meet you back at my place for studying."

"Okay."

Malia kisses him on the cheek before heading off on her own. When she's gone he smiles to himself. He's got the best girl in the world.