Chapter 18

Stiles left Malia at her home after a little argument about talking to his father. In the end she agreed to let him speak to his dad alone and leave her at home to rest. When he got back home he waited at the kitchen table for his father. He went over everything in his head finding the best way to explain it to his father. But really there was no way he could without feeling some sort of disappointment.

When his dad got home he waited for a bit not sure if he should say something first. After a few seconds he got up and met his dad in the hallway. When he looked at him he sighed. He didn't seem angry or worried which made him worry.

"Dad I was gonna tell you I swear but I...I just didn't know how."

Silence. His dad just looked at him and he didn't know what else to say. What was there to say? He got possessed did a lot of bad things and was miraculously saved but at a cost. Now he had all that power and probably more he didn't know about.

"Please say something."

"Well what do you want me to say? That it's okay. That this was practically obvious."

"Wait what."

That had gone in a different direction than he had expected.

"Honestly Stiles this isn't at all that surprising."

"What."

Stiles was literally incapable of speech. Where was this gonna go now.

"Every one of your friends is supernatural including your girlfriend who was a coyote for the past nine years of her life."

"Eight, actually."

"Right and after everything with the Nogitsune I realized it really was a matter of time before you became supernatural as well. Either a werewolf or a fox or even a coyote."

"Soooo, you're not mad."

"Just upset you didn't tell me."

"I was when I had better control."

"So exactly what can you do?" asks John,

"Um, well I still got the strength and I have claws and fangs. Oh and my eyes turn completely white."

"That's great so how are you with the control thing."

"Good really, I'm not affected by the full moon so I call that a win."

"And Scott's been helping you out."

"Yup he's the alpha of our pack of unique ones."

"Tell me about it."

They eat dinner together which was just left over pasta from the other day. The conversation wasn't solely based on Stiles being a Nogitsune tail but it was more of a normal everyday conversation between father and son. He liked that and was glad his dad wasn't so worried about him. It made everything else easier for him. His father understood what was going on with him, understood that he had all this power and he was getting it under control.