Guardian Angel-Gundham Tanaka x Reader

Start from the beginning

Gundham narrowed his eyes. "My lady is not getting any ideas, is she?"

You gasped and stepped out of Gundham's arms. "What? No! I'd never kill someone, Gundham! You know that!"

Gundham sighed and shook his head, taking a step towards you and replacing his right hand on your hip while his left hand tilted your head up. "I apologize for the accusation, my love. But our conversation yesterday still rings in my ears. It makes me believe you would do anything to protect me."

Your eyes looked to the side. "Well...I would." You muttered. The man in front of you raised a brow. You rolled your eyes. "Except kill, Gundham. Even if I wanted or had to, I don't think I could."

Gundham gave you a soft smile. "I don't believe it's for your lack of strength, my love, but for your pure of heart." He told you softly. "You care for everyone more than you most likely should." He kissed your forehead. "And I adore you for that."

You smiled up at him. "You make me feel so special, Gundham." You sighed, nuzzling into his chest. Gundham wrapped his arms around you tightly, protectively. You felt safe in his arms, like nothing could ever harm you.

"I only help you understand what you truly are, my lady." He said lovingly. "You are indeed special."

For a moment, you believed that.

Four days.

It's been four days now, and the lack of food was getting to everyone. It was even getting to Gundham, although he tried to hide behind his normal persona.

"We will make it through this, my dark princess." The two of you were lying on Gundham's bed in Strawberry House. You had your arm across his chest as he ran his fingers through your hair. "There is nothing the two of us cannot traverse!"

You frowned and clung closer to your boyfriend. "I...I don't know, Gundham." You murmured. "I'm worried that...maybe I was wrong. Maybe nobody is going to kill someone after all. And....and I know that it's awful to wish for someone to be murdered, but it would be best for the rest of us, right?" You buried your face in Gundham's chest. "God, I'm an awful person! I'm hoping someone dies!" You began to cry. "I'm so terrible. I..I'm-"

"Cease these lies, my goddess." Gundham interrupted you, turning his head to look at you. "You are none of the things you just claimed to be. It is not wrong to wish death upon another in circumstances such as these." He turned on his side and pulled you close to him. "You are a wonderful, beautiful goddess, and I will not stand to hear you speak such atrocities about yourself."

You sighed and shook your head. "They don't feel like lies, Gundham." You whispered. "They feel true. I feel awful."

Gundham narrowed his eyes and let out a low growl before flipping over so he was on top of you. He had a leg on either side of you, and he grabbed your arms, pinning them next to your head. You looked up at him with surprised, wide eyes as he looked back with stern, narrowed ones. "Do not make me repeat myself." His voice was low and rumbling, almost dangerous. "You are a perfect goddess. You are not in the wrong, nor will you ever be." He leaned down and kissed your neck softly. "You need never fear. I have told you many times, have I not? I will protect you always."

You smiled softly up at him. You loved that he cared so much about you. But...you couldn't agree with him. There's no guarantee he could protect you both forever, no matter how hard he tried.

It's been a full week now, and it took all the power you had just to stand. You wanted desperately to visit Gundham as he was the only thing that made you feel even the tiniest bit better, but you didn't trust yourself to walk without collapsing. You were currently sitting on your bed, clutching your stomach. For the past two days, you'd been thinking of a plan. You've been trying your hardest to find reasons to ignore it, to find excuses that you don't need it. But just by looking at everyone, it was plain that there was little choice anymore.