Pumpkins! (Toogata Mirio)

It was impossible not to get into the Halloween spirit.

Well, it'd be easier if your child wasn't such a stickler when it came to pumpkins.

"This one is too ugly." Your son pouts, turning away from the pumpkin to scan the aisles and aisles of them spread out across the farm. Your nose is frozen on your face, probably about to fall off, as were your ears, but your son didn't seem to care much about the cold.

"Mirio..." You mumble to your husband, whose cheeks are just as rosy though he hasn't complained once. "Tell your son to pick a pumpkin so we can go home."

"Aw, come on, he's just having fun." Your stern look doesn't seem to deter him but he does approach your son, kneeling down beside him.

"Come on sport, we've got a lot to do today." He fixes your sons scarf, tightening it around his neck and fixing the earmuffs on his head to prevent his ears from falling off. At least his ears were safe.
Proving once more that he listens to Mirio far more than you, he approaches a pumpkin towards the outside of the patch that's a bit small, but abnormally round and perfect.

"This one!" He cheers, picking it up and holding it over his head in joy. "The perfect pumpkin for me!"

"There ya go!" Mirio takes it from his hands before it ends up smooshed on the ground, and heads to pay for it before your son grabs onto his jacket. "What's up?"

"...What if he gets lonely and wants a friend?"

And that's the story of how Mirio bought ten pumpkins from a pumpkin patch for his son's happiness.

As you're walking home with both of you carrying pumpkins in your arms, along with your son holding two with a proud look on his face, you and Mirio share a glance. Your son dashes ahead of you as he spots his grandma waiting to greet him at the front of your house, ready to paint the pumpkins that he'd picked out.

"I can't remember the last time I've been this happy." Mirio states with a smile on his face, placing some of the pumpkins that wouldn't be gutted tonight in front of your home. "Wanna paint a pumpkin with me?"

"I would be more than happy to paint a pumpkin with you, my lovely husband."