Phone Call (Uraraka Ochako)

Uraraka had only wanted a peaceful night of sleep.

She sits up in her bed, rubbing her shoulders as chills seem to still be running through her body. She'd broken out in a cold sweat while she was dreaming, and she sleepily makes her way to the bathroom to wash her face. She considers taking a shower, but there's a different matter to attend to.

She fumbles around the dark looking for her phone and bumps her head against a table, but is successful in minding said electronic. She wonders if she should both since she'd be seeing you in a few hours but there's an ache in her heart that needed to hear your voice now. She dials your number from memory (she calls you almost every night, but she had gotten in late from training, and had thus missed the chance to talk to you that night). She wonders if not getting to say goodnight to you it was what triggered these feelings but she's temporarily distracted when you answer.

"H-Hello?" She hears you yawn on the other end and imagines you stretching, rubbing your eyes sleepily like you normally did when she woke you up in the morning. "Ochako? Is everything alright?"

"Sorry..." She whispers, though there's no one else around for her to wake up. "Are you okay?"

"'Course I am, angel. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I had a nightmare about you and I just wanted to make sure you're okay." She becomes teary-eyed and tries to push back the sadness, the scene in her dream that hurt her the most repeating over and over now. The way you had looked, covered in blood, completely still... it was so horrifying she's surprised she didn't wake up screaming. "I just had to be sure..."

"I'm sorry you had to have such a bad dream about me. I wish I could be there to comfort you... Why don't we have a sleepover tomorrow?"

"That sounds nice..." She sniffles, wiping away a few stray tears. "I can't wait! But... could we talk just a little longer."

"Of course."