Anniversary (Toogata Mirio)

Mirio knows what he did was bad, and even if he had an excuse, there was clear pain when you told him you forgive him.

He feels like there's a slight rift that grows between you after the fact and he's angry, mostly at himself. He knew balancing his hero life with his romantic life was going to be difficult, but he thought he could handle any challenge. How was he supposed to save a million people, when he couldn't even save his relationship?

The next few days it's clear he's deep in thought, to the point even his two close friends know better than to ask what he's thinking about. They keep him in the loop with classes and try to snap him out of his funk, but they learn quickly that their efforts are in vain. It was worrying to see the normally upbeat, friendly Mirio looking so serious.

When he appears in front of you suddenly, you're not sure what to do. He has a serious expression on your face, not unusual since he tended to get into these moods when he did something wrong. You're glad he's realized how much he's hurt your feelings, even if you did try to understand the reasons behind them; you look away as he takes a step closer, clearly trying to force the rift closed.

"Mirio... I just need some time."

"I'm willing to give you time if you just... listen!" He stands tall, puffing out his chest and trying to look more confident. "I love you! And I can't promise a perfect life or relationship! I'm a hero, and you're a hero, and sometimes it might not work out. But I promise you, I'll make it up to you until the day I die. I will make it right between us!"

You bite your lip as you look at him, knowing his words had quickly won you back over; he knew you were hurt and it had hurt him in return. He was trying, and he had yet to promise you something he couldn't deliver.

"I believe in you, Mirio." You smile at him. "Start planning a new anniversary dinner. And don't break the plans this time!"

"Yes!" He perks up immediately, bright smile back on his face right where it belongs. "For you, I'll do anything!"