SIX (ISELEN POV)

"How are you doing?" we both ask at the same time before bursting into laughing, hugging each other tight, her perfume fills my mind and suddenly I feel I'm back at home and everything is right in my world... but the illusion only lasts for a few seconds and, when Adara steps back, I realize that I'm still in Bayview. Damn it!

"I'm fine. I'm always hungry and sleeping a lot, I look like a sloth, but I don't have nausea or headaches and my doctor says everything is okay... boring things about being pregnant. Tell me about you..." My good friend sits down and takes my hand on the table. "Don't you feel a bit of claustrophobia?"

"This penitentiary is very big, Adara, this is a room for visitors and I admit it's small... I think... I don't really know. I thought we were supposed to welcome our visitors in a common room with several tables and chairs so maybe this is another special privilege that your father got for me through Ruby... You could've told me that Owen controlled this place, anxiety nearly drove me crazy till the Irish car found me and explained me how everything worked."

"I'm sorry, there was no way of sending you a massage safely and my dad doesn't want people to know what's happening here, actually. He doesn't even trust his lawyers... that are yours now too. This whole system works thanks to discretion, most of women inside here think this place is some kind of pilot project to check if living conditions in prison can be improved and they know Ruby is in charge of smuggling, that's why they try to get on well with her, they surely can presume that she bought off some officers but they don't understand how powerful Ruby really is and that the prison governor is just a puppet. It's better this way, if one of those stupid bureaucrats who like to follow the rules finds out, things could become difficult for our people..."

"So you've come in from the cold, your father's people are your people again... How do you feel about that?" I ask worried knowing that being free was a long awaited dream and Adara has given it up for me.

"They're your people now too..." My friend smiles sadly and she seems to think for a few seconds. "I'm fine with it because I reached an agreement with my dad, I'm aware of the fact that my safety is his priority right now and I'm not trying to mislead his bodyguards; in exchange, they let me go wherever I want as long as they can check the place in advance. I don't feel locked up in a golden cage for now and it feels good to know that I'm being looked after... and the luxury... God, I've missed my dad's loft with those mattresses as soft as a cloud, my bathtub is the size of a pool, the big fridge is always full of food and my dad's cook is ready to make pancakes at midnight if I want them, the TV screen is massive and the chauffeur drives me around in a limo..."

"I'm happy if you're happy..." I whisper relieved when I realize she's gained some weight and she doesn't look as depressed as two weeks ago... I can't believe I've been in this prison for so long.

"Enough about me, tell me about you... How is my cousin treating you?" I can't help blushing and looking back over my shoulder cautiously since Ruby and the girls are waiting on the corridor and they can see us both through the glass on the door. I still remember Jasmine's mocking tone of voice when she stated that it was pretty obvious for the entire minimum security ward that I was more relaxed and enjoyed my nights, just like she said it'd happen. My cheeks remained red as beet during the whole breakfast and they made fun of me till Ruby ordered them to take pity on her girlfriend. "So it happened... I had no doubt... but I thought it'd take more time for Ruby to seduce you..."

"What?" I frown staring at my friend puzzled.

"Oh come on, I know my cousin and she's a sensual demon with a brain full of naughty ideas. I've seen plenty of women falling at her feet one after another, most of them were even straight, so you had no chance to escape, honey... Maybe I should've warned you about that too." Adara chuckles and winks at me.