TWENTY-ONE (ISELEN POV)

"Seamus!"

"Little sister!"

I can't help smiling when seeing the two red-haired siblings hugging each other, they look really happy, but Erin isn't the only one. Jasmine also jumps on the boy to hug him, Moina and Glenna punch his shoulders with their fists gently and laugh and Pilar gets closer to kiss his cheek because she met him when he visited his sister in Bayview. Ruby waits her turn to hug him but seems to be nervous, monitoring the surroundings and checking if she knows personally the members of the Company that are going to be our escort this evening, she nods approvingly when noticing the bulges of the weapons they're carrying and the three armoured cars with tinted windows. Some officers are taking our bags out of the prison and wave their hands goodbye before closing the door... It's done... We're free. Relief makes my legs shake while the red-haired guy gets rid of our excited friends and gets closer slowly.

"Boss..."

"Hello, Seamus, I'm happy to see you." Ruby hugs him and smiles before moving one step so I can do the same. "Shall we go? I want to get away from this hole as soon as possible. We're going to be cautious doing business from now on because I don't want to give prosecutors and judges reasons to send me to Bayview again..."

"I agree with you," Seamus answers and the girls nod firmly. "All right, Owen asked me to draw up a plan to escort you back home safely and this is what I've got: Iselen and you will get in one car, Erin and Pilar with me in another one and Glenna, Moina and Jas in the last one along with a couple of members of the Company heavily armed. There're more vehicles waiting for us on the road to follow us and protect us but we'll choose different routes, a big convoy would draw unwanted attention so we'll go to New York through different roads and highway lanes to your homes. The boss swears he's been discreet with the preparations and it's impossible that the Jordan family knows you were going to be released today from prison but we aren't taking any risk, just in case..."

"Sounds reasonable to me", my girl points at the first car and the red-haired guy nods confirming that's ours.

"Owen told me that you're going to take some days off and will try to be discreet although everybody will know you're back in Hell's Kitchen sooner or later, that's inevitable, I guess. The entire Company remains on alert and those assholes won't be able to attack you in our territory. Adara has sent your stuff from your old apartment to Ruby's house and has called your family to let them know you're out and will contact them soon..." Seamus points at me and I nod, flopping down on the backseat next to the pretty Irish lady, the truth is that I feel a little overwhelmed surrounded by these safety measures. I know Robert Jordan's family is still a threat and Ruby's job exposes her to some dangers, but I wasn't expecting to get involved in a Hollywood style action film.

"Perfect... What's this?" My girlfriend takes a folder and frowns.

"Those are the files of five trusted members of the Company, self-defence experts, excellent shooters and drivers. I tested them myself... You must pick out two of them to be Iselen's bodyguards."

"Well done, my friend." Seamus winks at us and closes the door, the driver turns the engine on and we move away from Bayview finally, I can't help looking back to see the building getting smaller in the distance. I won't miss it, it's true, but on the other hand I felt safe living in that microcosm except for the last month. Life was quite easy, routine and sometimes boring, but I was surrounded by my friends and we had fun together... Now it's time to start a new stage but I don't know what to expect, I don't know if I'll be able to adjust to this world ruled by heads of the Irish mob that my friend Adara used to hate and tried to escape from. And I'll live alone with Ruby... How it'll be? Will we fight over stupid things? Will I be able to sleep knowing that she's going to take risks every day?