EPILOGUE (RUBY POV)

"Good evening, boss."

"Hi, Patrick." Iselen elbows me out of her way abruptly and walks into the house with firm steps, luckily she's wearing sneakers because otherwise I fear she could dig holes in my hardwood floor with her high heels. I look at the bodyguard holding the door and raise an eyebrow in a silent question but the guy shrugs looking as confused as I am before turning around and leaving. I close the door slowly, all the reasons why my fiancée could be angry at me are going over in my head but I can't think of any so whatever is going on here, it's not my fault, thank God. "Are you hungry, babe?"

"No." Iselen opens the fridge and grabs a bottle of water, the glass hits the marble counter of the island a little too hard and the noise makes me flinch.

"I feel an urgent need to apologize but I don't know why... Can you give me a clue?" I ask giving up, leaning my hip on the staircase railing while my pretty Spanish girl drinks water and looks at me with a furrowed brow. Finally, Iselen heaves a sigh and seems to relax a little. That's a good thing about my fiancée: she's never angry at me for a long time. "Didn't you have fun trying dresses?"

"I had a great time, Adara took me to a very fancy store where they gave us champagne and colourful macarons. The shop assistant looked a bit nervous at first and she almost had a heart attack when your cousin told her that my budget to buy a wedding dress was unlimited since your father wanted to pay for it as a present for me... Adara helped me to pick out four wonderful dresses and one of those was... stunning. I think it's a strong candidate although I feel uncomfortable because it's a bit expensive, to be honest, but your cousin says I look beautiful."

"What's the problem, then?"

"I got in the dressing room, took the dress off and handed it to the assistant, she left me alone after taking it so I could get dressed... The curtain moved again and I thought she'd come back to grab something she'd forgotten but no... Two men and a woman came in wearing grey suits and staring at me like they were bloodhounds through the reflection in the mirror..."

"Sorry, what?" I straighten my back frowning and staring at her in disbelief. My heart races when I understand some strangers could've hurt my girl while Patrick and Ronan were waiting in the car in front of the store. "Who the hell were those assholes?"

"Well, I had to grab a satin dressing gown to get dressed because I was wearing my underwear only..." I growl quietly and move closer the kitchen island, getting angrier: someone has tried to intimidate my girl while she was almost naked trying wedding dresses. What the fuck...? My hand moves towards my hip like it's developed a mind of its own to take my gun and shoot them even if they aren't here and I'm not carrying any weapon. "And later, the woman started talking and offered me an excellent deal, according to her own words: if I testify against you, if I tell them everything I know about you, about Owen's businesses, about our friends, about the drug dealing in nightclubs, about the suspicious deaths of your uncle's rivals... They'll let me go back to Spain with a clean record and a monetary retribution to make up for the long period I wouldn't be able to work because I should attend a long trial."

"I see... and what did you answer?" I whisper feeling my heart skipping a beat even if I trust her and I know she wouldn't betray me.

"I told them the truth," Iselen puts the glass in the sink and looks at me with a straight face. "I have a wedding to plan and no time to testify in any trial. I asked them to leave the dressing room or I'd start screaming and they obeyed me. I was able to get dressed finally..."

"I'm so sorry, babe, I'm sorry those assholes are ruining all the important moments in our lives. You were supposed to have fun trying wedding dresses with Adara today and it'd be a beautiful memory for you both..." I can't help staring at the floor, feeling embarrassed, before rubbing my face with my hands and running my fingers through my hair. Honestly, the fact that Iselen hasn't broken up with me yet is some kind of miracle.

"Yes, well, this is what happens when your fiancée is a Kelly. There's a price to pay for marrying the most beautiful Irish fairy..." My girl jokes trying to smile but I shake my head angrily.

"It's pretty obvious that you're upset..."

"The woman with a Rottweiler face told me before leaving the dressing room that she'd make sure my family wouldn't get the visa to enter de country and attend our wedding." Stony silence falls over the kitchen while I stare at my girlfriend in disbelief for a long minute, Iselen waits patiently for my reaction but I'm speechless and in shock so I let out a soft whistle.

"Oh my God, Owen will go berserk after hearing that, he'll call his contacts in the Congress and the Senate and heads will roll in the prosecutor's office. I hope that bitch had fun threatening you because she's going to live a very boring existence from now on working with stupid paperwork in a basement without windows and no chances of promotion..." My fiancée shrugs and walks to the living room, flopping down on the couch sighing wearily. I follow her and sit down to be able to hug her and kiss her cheek. "Babe, they can't do that, you know that, don't you? Your family will be in our wedding and it'll be a perfect party, I swear. I won't let anyone or anything ruin it this time..."

"I'm sure of one thing, Ruby Rose Kelly, life will never be boring with you..." Iselen smiles leaning her body against mine trustingly and feeling calmer than some minutes ago. "I don't need a perfect party, I only want you to be there with me..."

"Nobody is going to stop me from being there to swear that I'll love you for the rest of my life, not even if the lock me up in Bayview again... I'd escape from prison as many times as necessary." My girl looks at me raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

"There're more ways to sneak out of that jail you never told me about, aren't they?" A mischievous smirk plays across my face, I shrug while cupping her soft cheek and she laughs amused. "I like your T-shirt..."

"I know, it's gorgeous and causal yet smart... and you should pay attention to it..."

"Really? Kiss me, I'm Irish..." she reads slowly and frowns pensively. "Do you think that's a good reason to kiss someone? Should I kiss all Irish girls wearing this T-shirt?"

"No way! Half of the Company has bought the same T-shirt... But you should kiss me..." I whisper brushing her lips with mines.

"Why?" Iselen answers, smiling naughtily.

"Because I'm your fiancée and you love me..."

"And because you're going to give me a massage and later you'll call the pub and order steak, fries and two pieces of chocolate cake... and tomorrow you'll come with me to buy some flower arrangements." I pout upset but my girlfriend looks at me deadly serious for a few seconds and I nod reluctantly.

"It's okay, I owe you after all you've gone through these past months... I'll spoil you the entire weekend, I'll run a bath for you and take you to dinner in a fancy restaurant next Saturday, I'll buy you a dozen of cans of Pringles..."

"Say goodbye to my wedding body..."

"Don't be stupid, you're absolutely perfect, stunning, and will look beautiful wearing your dress, I know that... Iselen, I'm sorry, seriously. I'm a mess sometimes..." My precious fiancée shakes her head and smiles, leaning her hand on my neck while her thumb rubs my jawline gently.

"No, thank you to you, Ruby, because you love me and have given me a new life full of adventure... And now kiss me, I'm Spanish."

THE END

I'm always sad when I finish a book because I'm going to miss the characters, I get the impression that writing the last chapter and the epilogue is more difficult than the rest of the book. Anyway, I'm happy because I'll be able to start new stories and keep writing those that are on hold, I know you're waiting impatiently.

I hope you have enjoyed this one and thank you for reading, voting, commenting, being gay or allies and being cool... You're the best readers ever.