I couldn't risk him finding out.

He is usually in a group though. Discussing pack business. But there was this one time he passed by alone. I could see the shadow under the door. Hear his breathing. He probably heard me shuffling.

But he never knocked. After a few minutes he left but we were hyper-aware of each other. He knew that I knew he was there. And we just left it at that.

Was he... monitoring me?

THE NERVE!!!

I will kill him if that's the case.

What was he playing at? I didn't understand why my mate had to go out of his way to see me after the gym every morning. Why he acted so suspicious. Even in the school hallways.

I didn't care if he wasn't up to anything which after a few days seemed like the case.

On Thursday Jason had come to my room to return Zarine who by now was sleeping ever so peacefully in his arms. He seemed so tiny compared to Jason's gigantic form.

And his auburn hair seemed to contrast against his blue hoodie.

I swiftly snatched him away as gently as I could without waking him up. I didn't like how close he was becoming to Jason. The only reason I let him go over for such a long time was that I needed to work on Lexa. Demanded by Sam in our minimal contact ways.

What gave ma sigh of relief was how reluctant the pup always seemed to leave my side.

I have started to realize that the tiny bit of warmth I feel towards Zarine might be what many people call sibling love. Might be.

Might.

Be.

Whatever the case, I didn't like him getting too close to Jason.

I had turned to tuck Zarine into the bed. Which even now, despite my promise the punk used, while I slept on the floor. He seems to think I don't know that every night he crawls to my side and wakes up early to return to the bed before I leave for the gym.

I have found him shivering and in tears for more than one occasion by the time I return from training. But he always seemed so stubborn to let me know what was bothering him.

I sure as hell could relate to that sort of pride so I acted as if I didn't see it and smoothed it over with a joke.

Blaze had enrolled him in a school which he will probably start next week. I was hoping getting some new friends would help.

He seems to calm down a lot in my presence so that is good.

It was pretty clear I would probably have to take him on the trip with me.

It might be a good chance for him to meet the rest of the crew.

Stacey and Amelia wouldn't stop gushing over how cute he is.

I smiled slightly as I stroked his hair, predicting what all of their individual reactions would be.

I had momentarily forgotten Jason was still watching. But when the jumbo dude opened his mouth to gush out something obviously cheesy and no doubt of contradiction to his form, all we heard was a thunderous growl.

Probably waking up the whole hallway.

I could distinctly scent my mate, and judging by the sound of fast footsteps he was rushing down the hallway towards Jason who was still standing by the door.

"What are you doing at her door at this hour?"

His teeth had elongated so the words were more of a growl.

But before he could lay a hand on Jason I intercepted from the side, landing a solid shove that despite his momentum still took the alpha back a few steps. The training from Derek was definitely paying off. I could already feel stronger now.

The commotion had caused a lot of people to peek out drearily eyed, and a bit weary.

Jason opened his mouth to give him an explanation despite his agitation. But I stopped him by raising my hand.

Let me handle this. I told him with my eyes.

His shoulders slumped giving me a go-ahead.

Did Blaze watch the whole exchange with rage and betrayal? Are you protecting him?

His eyes seemed to shout.

It was time I put him in his place. Ever since the gym training, he seems to think he has some sort of claim on me.

"What we do in our spare time alpha, is none of your business," I said coolly.

"The hell it isn't."

I could see from his eyes that Xavier was also starting to stir. Are we gonna have a showdown in the hallways again?

I just wished it wasn't the hallway again.

The agitation he has been building up the past week was starting to overflow. However, the commotion woke up Zarine.

"When did I come back?"

He asked sitting up on the bed, rubbing his eyes.

Blaze seemed to piece out the situation then and he visibly calmed.

He must have seen Jason hanging out with Zarine earlier.

I was not taking risks though. My muscles were taut. Ready for when he launched. But it never came. Instead, he briskly walked past hitting Jason in the shoulders as he did so.

"The room is too congested for the both of you. I will arrange more spacious quarters." He said turning back to glare at Jason.

I could feel my blood boil again. Did he think he can just come in and flip my life over when he was feeling like it?

But Jason just laughed it off.

"It's ok Zara you have been sleeping on the floor for too long. Besides, it's not like we won't be able to meet anyways."

That's true. Alphas can't hand out restraining orders.

Even from behind, I saw his eyebrow piercing gleam as a vein left popped out.

He seemed more pissed with Jason than he ever was with me.

I had to congratulate Jason on that.

You guys have been incredibly supportive throughout my journey and I will see to it that all your recent messages are replied for. At least the later chapters. And of course, I will continue to keep up the pace in the next updates as well.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

It might take a while to get around to you all.

So please bear with me till then.

Cheers. :)