Chapter 18: Sisi pursues Meng Gu

Start from the beginning

"It is alright.  Don’t be courteous.  All this while she had always treated me as one of her own people."

Pei!  When did I treat him as one of my own people?

Chen Ruo Yu silently disagreed.  The car swayed and swayed and finally, she fell asleep.

She slept all the way home.  When they reached home, she was awakened by Liang Sisi.  Liang Sisi thanked Meng Gu politely and then assisted her up the stairs.

Chen Ruo Yu did not even lift her eyes.  "He is our own people, don’t be so polite."

Meng Gu grinned at her displaying his snow-white teeth and she returned with a smile.  Then when she reached home, she entered the house and continued to sleep.  She slept until dawn.

A whole night without dreams.  No mother to chase after her to hit her.  No poison-tongued Meng Gu to anger her.  In the blink of an eye, life is still very good to her.

A new day begins.  The feeling of heart palpitations was gone.

Chen Ruo Yu held her hands in fists and she was full of energy.  She had already said, her dizziness and discomfort were only temporary.  Depression and setbacks were also temporary.

She wants to work hard.  Let her family see, she is also able to succeed.  Let Meng Gu see, she is also attractive. 

Dressed in bright clothes, Chen Ruo Yu went to work in high spirits under Liang Sisi's surprised eyes.

Her work kept her very busy.  Running around to meet her customers was tiring.  It was difficult to close insurance deals.  Chen Ruo Yu was determined to work hard and did not go back to consult a doctor.  These few days Meng Gu did not call her and neither did her family.  She felt relieved.  However, she felt as if something was missing.

Meng Gu was considered a lost cause.  Her family, well she had to be mentally prepared before she was ready to call back home again.

She and her family were separated by 108,000 miles and if she stays hidden temporarily, nothing will happen to her.  But Dr. Meng Gu did not make it so easy for her to stay quiet.  He did not have to personally play a role and Liang Sisi became a publicity infiltration tool.

"Ruo Yu, let me tell you, Dr. Meng actually does not like candies."

"How did you know?"  Chen Ruo Yu felt that she was not interested in what Meng Gu likes but she was curious how Liang Sisi knew.

Sisi had claimed she was a living 'book of love'.  Is she really so powerful?  She is the type that Meng Gu likes, can she really bring down Meng Gu?  She really does not despise his uncouth mouth and his vile temper?

"I asked the nurses."  Liang Sisi was painting her nails carefully.

"Nurses?"  The group of people who loved to gossip, who treated Dr. Meng as their own property……those nurses?  Would they reveal Dr. Meng's preferences to outsiders?  "What did they tell you?  Did they give you bad expressions?"

"Why should they give me bad expressions?  I hold women's talk with them.  I talked to them about how to maintain beauty, about nourishment, about breast enhancement and skin rejuvenation.  I also told them where they can get discounts and get advantages.  We also gossiped about several actresses' facelifts and some actors' private life scandals.  I also gave them movie tickets.  Now they loved me so much that everything I asked, they will tell me."

When Chen Ruo Yu heard this, she felt a little foolish and really admired her.

"Then did you look for Dr. Meng?"

"Yes, I looked for him.  I looked for him once to thank him for taking care of you and then took the opportunity to meet the nurses around him.  Then I just look for the nurses.  If I don’t ask around to understand him better and if I don’t befriend the people around him, how will I succeed?"

Really smart!

"Did you see that Nurse Tian?"

"Yes.  The most beautiful and the most arrogant one."

"Correct."

"So what?  Is she more beautiful than me?  What is the use of being arrogant?  The time has not come yet and I did not say I want to pursue Dr. Meng.  What can she do?  I gave the nurses movie tickets as small gifts and they are clamoring to please me now.  Nurse Tian has nothing to say."

Correct!  Chasing after a man in a curved line is a good move.  Chen Ruo Yu now realized this.  When she chased Meng Gu, she had gone straight to Meng Gu and ignored the people around him.

However, Liang Sisi works as a public relations officer in her company.  The little gifts of movies tickets are aplenty in her possession and therefore they are nothing to her.  Thinking of her own resources, Chen Ruo Yu knew she cannot afford to give out insurance policies.  Although she is also a part-time agent for condom products, she really cannot give them out as gifts to the nurses.

"Hey….."  Liang Sisi suddenly called her. "Give me a box of those condoms that you have."

"Why……why?"  Suddenly Chen Ruo Yu became anxious.  As they were roommates, during Liang Sisi's previous love affairs, she had gifted her with this practical product before.  But now isn't Liang Sisi in the vacant window period?  Isn't she chasing Meng Gu?

"For my use, ah….."  Liang Sisi replied in a matter-of-fact way.

Chen Ruo Yu bit her lips.  The question she wanted to ask so much……'use with who?' …….she really could not spit it out.  She thought for a while and put the question in another way.  "Have you and Dr. Meng developed so fast?"

This stinky man really has no morality and also does not exercise chastity!

"No.  I've just met him twice.  How can we develop so fast?  Your sister, I…..still have principles."

Oh…..I've wronged him.

"I've run out of stock.  For safety's sake, I've to be prepared just in case something happens, isn't that right?"

Right? 

Right!  It seems the conclusion of him being wrong cannot be set down so early.

Wait, what does Liang Sisi mean by asking her 'isn't that right'?  She had not even used that before, how does she know?  She is a woman with morality and chastity and serious in her pursuit of living a good life, okay?  Pursuing a dual love of essence and *** in an affair is really not her style. 

"Ruo Yu, I want to meet Dr. Meng again.  Will you help me to ask him out?"

Ah?  Why must she ask him out?

"I don’t want to make it too obvious.  In the beginning, if one appears too eager, the men will look down on you."

Is it?  No wonder.  That time, she was too eager and not only did he looked down on her, he also stepped on her. 

"Look for a chance and give him a valid reason to ask him out.  Then we can set-up a chance encounter to meet again.  Like the last time we met in the hospital, it was so natural and I want the result to be just like that."

That time was really natural and really a coincidence but once an arrangement is made then it would not be natural nor would it be a coincidence.

Chen Ruo Yu started to worry. 

If she helps, she will have to find a good reason and if she does not help, she still has to find a good reason.  It is just that one reason is for Meng Gu and the other reason is for Liang Sisi.